Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-20-2014, 10:52 AM   #31
genin

Default Re: [IC] Lost in Dreams [Gabriel]

Gabriel will try to estimate how long until sunset and how fit the girl is to travel.

Also, does he think he can he get to the boiling water without the rat noticing?
genin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:31 PM   #32
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

the girl is fit to travel.

Its still morning.

Gabriel isn't sure how attentive the rat is.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:49 PM   #33
genin

Gabriel wishes that he could bring the boiling water into the enclosure and allow it to cool, thus providing drinking water for himself and the girl. Can he think of any way to retrieve the water without burning himself? If he can, he will attempt that (leaving the girl in the enclosure and going to the water with burning stick in hand) and then wait for the water to cool. He would then apply a small amount to the girl's bandage and then have both of them have a drink, then see if he could store the now sterile water somehow for transport beyond the village.

Either after that, or if it's not possible to get the water, Gabriel will take the burning stick in his right hand and as many sticks as he can carry in his other hand, open the iron fence, and (bringing the girl) leave the enclosure and try to make for the gap in the outer fence that the rat entered through.

Gabriel will keep an eye out to see if the rat reappears. If it does he and the girl will retreat back to the enclosure if they are close enough. If they are too far, Gabriel will brandish his burning stick to keep the rat at bay and motion to the girl to run to the enclosure.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:17 PM   #34
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

He can't think of a way to carry the water. It doesn't seem to be made to be carried around. In fact, there are fewer devices to facilitate transportation than he would expect even for such primitive people.

As he is leaving the village fence, the rat peers out of the hovel it was creeping through. Despite the abundance of corpses, it doesn't seem to be interested in them. rather, he turns his eyes to look at the two humans still moving. Its eyes glow red, even in the sunlight. It moves towards them and the gap.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 01-28-2014, 04:20 PM   #35
genin

Gabriel will try to encourage the girl to run through the gap in the fence. He will try to cut off the rat's path, preferably making his stand in the gap, after the girl has run through. He will brandish the flaming stick at the rat, prepared to thrust the burning end at the rat if it gets too close.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:58 PM   #36
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The girl is reluctant to leave, but goes through after some encouragement.

The rat is quick to follow, and does not find the prospect of a man brandishing a stick at all frightening. it comes towards him at a steady pace.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:29 PM   #37
genin

Gabriel's stick is burning, correct?

Is there any way to block the gap in the fence? If so, Gabriel will attempt to do so (preferring to use metal, if he can).

If the gap cannot be closed, after the girl gets through the fence, Gabriel will stand in the gap and thrust the burning end of the stick at the rat when it gets close enough.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:35 AM   #38
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The Rat charges Gabriel (if a rat can be said to charge. It runs quickly towards him with more vigor than any scurrying creature should be able to muster.)

Gabriel plants his burning stick in its throat, lifting it off the ground and throwing it on its back.

Gabriel is surprised by a sensation that goes through his... he's really not sure what is sensing this. When the stick hit the rat, he .... felt? a flash of something at the impact sight. The flash certainly wasn't visual, but he is no less sure of its exact timing and location.

The rat quickly spins around on its back and lunges for Gabriel leg, no less fazed than if he'd simply thrown the creature.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:54 PM   #39
genin

Gabriel assumes [likely to his detriment] that the "flash" was somehow due to the rat being part of his unconscious mind.

Apparently the rat does not fear fire. Gabriel registers that with some small part of his brain. He would likely find that surprising, if he thought about it, but would likely again chalk it up to the rat's presumed nature as part of his unconscious mind, meaning that it does not behave as a typical animal would.

Before the rat attacks again, is there any way to close the gap in the fence (preferably with metal)?

If not, Gabriel will prepare to thrust at the rat again. If he cannot close the gap, he will stand in the gap, so that the rat cannot reach the girl.

[Incidentally, when looking back on this incident later (assuming he survives), Gabriel will be somewhat surprised by how easily he hit the rat -- but then again, perhaps it's not that surprising: the rat seems to be moving straight toward him, and he is choosing a thrust because it is significantly easier to land than a swing on a target moving linearly toward the defender.]
Old 02-13-2014, 03:14 PM   #40
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

OCC: I need to know how he reacts to the rat's attack. We are in combat time. I need to know dodge or parry, and if any retreating is going on. sorry if that wasn't clearer. Most of the time in these games I'll do this automatically, but here detail is warranted because of the information gained here and the exact strategy involved

Tags
lost in dreams