Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-05-2009, 04:22 PM   #1
Black Rose

Default Realms and sub-Realms

How would you handle the costing of a set of Realms that are actually subdivisions of a greater Realm?

Example: you can have Realm: Elements, but you can also have Realm: Air, Realm: Earth, Realm: Fire, Realm: Water, Realm: Weather, and also Realm: Lightning, Realm: Acid, Realm: Ice, and Realm: Steam. And possibly even Realm: Vulcanism (provided you have Realm: Earth and Realm: Fire).

Would you simply calculate as if the larger Realm doesn't exist? Or would you calculate as if it were a fraction of the larger Realm? Or something else?
Old 11-05-2009, 04:53 PM   #2
PK

Default Re: Realms and sub-Realms

I'd recommend breaking it down to the most details, specific Realms and pricing it that way. Then, price the more inclusive Realms by simply adding up the components.

For example, let's say that you price your Realms using Air, Earth, Fire, Water, Lightning, and Acid, and the Realms come to 20/level. Then you'd price Realm: Vulcanism (which includes Fire and Earth) at 40/level. You'd price Weather (which includes Air, Water, and Lightning) at 60/level, and so on.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
magic, thaumatology