Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-12-2019, 11:12 PM   #1
awesomenessofme1

Default "Only while moving" limitation with Enhanced Move

When describing the "Only while moving" limitation in Powers, it says there are three levels: Must move one step per second, must move at least half Move, must move at full Move. Does this include Enhanced Move, or would it be an additional enhancement? Based on the pricing of other limitations, I would say an additional -10% would change it to 10% of max EM, 50% of max EM, and 100% of max EM.
awesomenessofme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 11:34 PM   #2
Refplace

Default Re: "Only while moving" limitation with Enhanced Move

Once your into Enhanced Move there is no real difference between one and several, other than maybe running too far.
Step allows all combat Maneuver choices, Half Move significantly reduces those options, and Full even more.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 11:58 PM   #3
awesomenessofme1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Once your into Enhanced Move there is no real difference between one and several, other than maybe running too far.
Step allows all combat Maneuver choices, Half Move significantly reduces those options, and Full even more.
So are you saying that any level of "Requires Enhanced Move" should give the -30% of "must move at full Move" and no more?
Old 10-13-2019, 12:13 AM   #4
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomenessofme1 View Post
So are you saying that any level of "Requires Enhanced Move" should give the -30% of "must move at full Move" and no more?
I'd take a look on a case by case basis but probably yes. (FYI for other readers this is on p. 99) Its described as a modifier for gravity type defying powers so you have to consider how limiting is it to require EM, much less multiple levels compared to just making a full move?
I might tack an extra 10% for the limited maneuvering of EM.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 12:27 AM   #5
awesomenessofme1

Quote:
I'd take a look on a case by case basis but probably yes. (FYI for other readers this is on p. 99) Its described as a modifier for gravity type defying powers so you have to consider how limiting is it to require EM, much less multiple levels compared to just making a full move?
Good to know. It ended up not mattering for the character, since I put it inside an AA.
Old 10-13-2019, 12:59 AM   #6
Plane

If you could only move at max speed, that sounds like "All or Nothing" which I've seen priced at -10%...

Giving move-based stuff a limitation requiring movement doesn't seem as limiting as it would for other stuff, since you're moving anyway while benefiting from it, it shouldn't be worth as much.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 01:09 AM   #7
awesomenessofme1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
If you could only move at max speed, that sounds like "All or Nothing" which I've seen priced at -10%...

Giving move-based stuff a limitation requiring movement doesn't seem as limiting as it would for other stuff, since you're moving anyway while benefiting from it, it shouldn't be worth as much.
Huh? In this case, I was talking about Walk on Liquid (though I didn't mention that at first). Walk on Liquid isn't really a movement ability. It's more like Stand on Liquid.
Old 10-13-2019, 10:58 PM   #8
edk926

So it's kind of like walking on cornstarch.
edk926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 02:55 AM   #9
Gnomasz

Quote:
Seconding that. I'd call it "only during sprint" or something like that. Wouldn't even require Enhanced Move to have this kind of limitation, just sprinting.