Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin Collectible Card Game

Old 02-27-2018, 12:57 PM   #1
remitos

Default amulet of ridiculous power and blood geyser

would blood geyser trigger the amulet of ridiculous power with it's give blood ability?

amulet of ridiculous power : When you play a Mischief that deals damage, this deals 1 damage to target Ally or Monster.

blood geyser: Draw 2 cards.
Give Blood 1 (When you play this, you may also take 1 damage to activate this ability.) - Reduce the gold cost of this by 2 gold.

thanks in advance for the help or clarifications
remitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 01:28 PM   #2
Devin Lewis
Munchkin Associate Dev

Default Re: amulet of ridiculous power and blood geyser

That's a good question. The card itself isn't dealing damage. In this case you're taking the damage to activate the ability.

It is certainly a fine line.
Old 02-28-2018, 03:28 PM   #3
my6AM3RTA6

Default Re: amulet of ridiculous power and blood geyser

Quote:
Originally Posted by remitos View Post
would blood geyser trigger the amulet of ridiculous power with it's give blood ability?

amulet of ridiculous power : When you play a Mischief that deals damage, this deals 1 damage to target Ally or Monster.

blood geyser: Draw 2 cards.
Give Blood 1 (When you play this, you may also take 1 damage to activate this ability.) - Reduce the gold cost of this by 2 gold.

thanks in advance for the help or clarifications
I agree with Devin that it is a fine line... however, I have been playing the hell out of this game and think I have gained a pretty decent understanding of the intent of some key words SJG has used. For example, Blood Geyser's text doesn't say "when you take damage"... it doesn't even say "when you give blood"... the text reads "you may take 1 damage" and more importantly it states "when you play this" (in the context of Blood Geyser). I would say no, the only ability that triggers Blood Geyser is Blood Geyser. Again, this is me just breaking down the context of the card text and having read through the full rules and interpreting their definitions of certain key words. Hope this helps.
my6AM3RTA6 is offline   Reply With Quote