Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 09-19-2012, 07:53 PM   #1
D-heimer

Default Super Munchkin help

In a few games I've played with my friends we have encountered problems with the super munchkin cards and have solved most of them, but there is one we haven't been able to clarify.

My friend was a super munchkin, and his only class was a theif, so he would discard a card and try to steal from us, and if he got a roll of 3 or less, he wouldn't take anything, but he said that because he was a super munchkin and had none of the disadvantages he didn't have to lose any levels.
By the end of the game he had almost every single one of our items, and so it seemed unfair, but we couldn't decide whether it was fair or not.

Is this how the game works in this situation, or are the only disadvantages that super munchkin applies to the monster boosts against specific classes?
D-heimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:00 PM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Super Munchkin help

If he's going to argue that, why didn't he argue that he didn't have to discard a card to steal?! He chose to use an ability (an "advantage" of the Thief class), so he has to pay the costs and suffer the consequences of using that ability. A Super Thief has to lose a Level when he fails at theft, just like a regular Thief or, say, a Thief-Cleric.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:08 PM   #3
D-heimer

Default Re: Super Munchkin help

He didn't really argue very much, it was just that we couldn't find a reason for it not to work that way.
But thank you for helping me out
D-heimer is offline   Reply With Quote