Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Traveller

Old 12-27-2020, 10:55 PM   #1
cptbutton

Default GURPS Lone Star Room Plan - huh?

I got legitimate electronic versions all the GURPS Traveller and JTAS stuff from SJGames, the Grognard Kickstarter, and Bundle Of Holding so I never got the GURPS CD-ROMs from Far Future Enterprises. I though I had everything, but now I notice that the FFE GURPS CD-ROMS have something called "GURPS Lone Star Room Plan."

A web search doesn't turn up much on this.

Anyone know what this is?
Old 12-30-2020, 05:24 PM   #2
tjoneslo

Default Re: GURPS Lone Star Room Plan - huh?

Lone Star was a franchise bar described as part of the GT core rules. When the JTAS Online was running there was a chat service (IRC like) which was set in the Lone Star bar as part of the Starport, as a place to gather and have a chat with others. JTAS Online is now gone (but you can get the archives of the articles).
tjoneslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 06:09 PM   #3
cptbutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjoneslo View Post
Lone Star was a franchise bar described as part of the GT core rules. When the JTAS Online was running there was a chat service (IRC like) which was set in the Lone Star bar as part of the Starport, as a place to gather and have a chat with others. JTAS Online is now gone (but you can get the archives of the articles).
Thanks. Someone elsewhere said this was a floor plan in the GM's screen pack.
Old 12-30-2020, 08:22 PM   #4
cptbutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjoneslo View Post
Doing text searches, Lone Star is a name for a generic "Starport Meeting Place" in T5, but I am not finding it or any similar terms in any of the GT books.
Old 12-31-2020, 03:06 AM   #5
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptbutton View Post
Thanks. Someone elsewhere said this was a floor plan in the GM's screen pack.
Yup. It's a pretty generic bar with an open floor area, central bar, and small kitchen. The whole map was printed on a single 17"x22" page. The Cardboard Heroes page that also came with the GM screen included some chairs, tables, and knocked over tables which you could place around the open floor. The bar was is called Brubek's on the map; I'm not sure why it's called the Lone Star Bar on the CD-ROM.
Kaboom-baya.

Last edited by ericbsmith; 12-31-2020 at 03:39 AM.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 04:58 AM   #6
cptbutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
Yup. It's a pretty generic bar with an open floor area, central bar, and small kitchen. The whole map was printed on a single 17"x22" page. The Cardboard Heroes page that also came with the GM screen included some chairs, tables, and knocked over tables which you could place around the open floor. The bar was is called Brubek's on the map; I'm not sure why it's called the Lone Star Bar on the CD-ROM.
Ah! Brubek's I know, it is in GURPS Starports, p86-87, including a floor plan. Thank you.