Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2021, 01:38 PM   #1
Shadekeep

Default Prootwaddles redux

When I think about Cidri, I tend not to think about prootwaddles (probably not alone in that). But they are canon, so I've been thinking a bit more about how they may interact in various societies.

The only time I've used them in adventure is when a handful of them had been duped into becoming explosive-gem-wearing suicide bombers. Other portrayals seem to center on them being a nuisance in civilised areas. But I was thinking that might not always by the case.

In some societies they might be a fully exploited underclass, handling unskilled work that the rest of society doesn't want to do. Whether they can be sufficiently trained and/or bribed to do this work is a separate issue for the GM, but it seems like someone probably would have worked out a method by now. Other cultures may have found additional ways to use prootwaddles' inborn tendencies to their own advantage.

Given their origins as something of an in-joke, I'm not sure how much prootwaddles can be rehabilitated into a race that every GM will want to use. But I do think there's some scope beyond comic relief or, in my previous utilisation, outright cruelty.