Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 10-22-2020, 11:55 PM   #11
kirbwarrior

Default Re: Question about Higher Purpose

I support Higher Purpose doing that, narratively speaking. If anything, I think I'd have it increase the cap instead of adding to damage so that Diffuse still helps (but that change is so little that it's likely unnecessarily complicated).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchonShiva View Post
Diffuse is terrible and you should welcome any excuse to mitigate its effect. Add Higher Purpose after the cap; Have Flaming Weapon count as a separate source for another +2, anything to make the players feel like their ideas matter rather than a long slog to -5xHP.
The big thing I see about Diffuse isn't "My attacks only do 2 damage!" but "Okay, who here has an area attack?" or "Wizard, you're up." kind of thing. That weakness is a pretty big deal and I'd be surprised if a party didn't build for it.
kirbwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 07:21 AM   #12
Kalzazz

The most common solution I've seen is dropping Great Haste on whoever has the most attacks and letting them whittle it down
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 12:32 PM   #13
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
I usually only take it to -HP, because everything else just drags. And the players were doing everything right - they are learning the system.
It doesn't have hard to subdue, and it has HT 10, so on average two turns after being reduced to 0 HP it stops being an active threat.

Tags
diffuse, higher purpose