Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > Forum Feedback and Help

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2022, 05:01 PM   #1
Kage2020

Default Noob-friendly GURPS forum?

As a general rule I only visit/post in the GURPS forum. While I'm not a GURPS "newbie", I still wonder if there is a value in splitting that forum into two parts (or some other solution) to present two options to posters:

1. Super-detailed GURPS conversations about detailed rules; and

2. More general topics that deal with advice, setting information etc.?

The basic gist is that I personally find the type of threads in the forum somewhat off-putting because they tend to fall into category #1. I don't think that I've delved as far into GURPS to be that level of "wonk" (context:
expert).

Perhaps other newcomers or non-wonks might feel the same?

As you haven't done this there are probably a myriad of reasons not to so do but, still, I thought that I would ask. Edit: Now that I'm thinking about it, I would imagine it might be hard to mod so perhaps that's why it doesn't happen.

Regardless, thanks for all that you do.

Last edited by Kage2020; 07-27-2022 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Engaged the 'ole grey noodle for a second.
Old 07-28-2022, 08:49 AM   #2
Anders

Default Re: Noob-friendly GURPS forum?

I think this is a good idea.
Old 07-28-2022, 11:29 AM   #3
Buzzardo

An alternative that wouldn't split the forum would be to flag posts for new players, by starting the subject with "Newcomer-friendly" or something similar.

Want a random dungeon? How about some tables for that? How about a random encounter?
Old 07-28-2022, 11:35 AM   #4
sjard
Stick in the Mud

As a note, this topic has been discussed several times in the GURPS forum. So staff are aware of it (as I recall Kromm getting involved in at least one of them).

As such, it doesn't need to be rehashed here. Closing thread, but leaving it in place in case staff decide to reopen.
MIB #1457
Closed Thread