Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 03-04-2013, 11:49 AM   #1
Munchkin

Default Can Someone change class in order to take advantage of the Divine Intervention card?

I searched around for this answer but most conversations about it were more complex than this basic question. Since the rules say "you can discard a Class at any time...When you discard a Class card, you become classless until you play another Class card" I was curious could you change classes when the DI card comes up? They way we've been playing is you can have multiple classes, races, etc. out on the table but they're turned sideways to show they're inactive. Could someone for example say "I don't want to be a warrior anymore. I change my class to Cleric" when the DI card comes up and they're on level 9 for the win?
Munchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:08 PM   #2
StormCrow42

Default Re: Can Someone change class in order to take advantage of the Divine Intervention ca

As a general rule, you resolve all cards completely before moving on to the next action. So there is no time to "interrupt" the drawing and displaying of Divine Intervention by playing the Cleric card on yourself. The FAQ calls out the special case that if someone draws DI as part of their initial hand, all players who can become clerics may do so first, but this is just a result of the general rule that everyone can set up their character before play begins.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:09 PM   #3
Brf

Default Re: Can Someone change class in order to take advantage of the Divine Intervention ca

No.
Once the DI comes up, you have to resolve it immediately, based the the players' current classes.

The exception is when DI comes up in the original deal, when all of the players are given time to play a Cleric card if they were dealt one.
Brf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #4
Bampop

Also, if you are playing with sideways extra classes, this is a house rule, so how you handle DI would be completely up to you. Items are the only thing you can turn sideways and carry unused.

On top of that, you can only play a new class if it's your turn, or if you just got it.
MiB #3282, Palm Bay, FL
Munchkin, Zombie/Cthulhu Dice, Burn in Hell!, Revolution!, Castellan, Chez Geek, OGRE DE, Chupacabra, Nanuk
mib3282@gmail.com
Bampop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 08:12 AM   #5
BlackJack070786

One more thing that I would like to note here. If a player dies, upon drawing his new cards from each deck, if the Cleric class and Divine Intervention are drawn; the player may play his class before DI similar to the game start scenario.

Last edited by MunchkinMan; 07-02-2016 at 07:33 PM.
BlackJack070786 is offline   Reply With Quote