Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 06-30-2013, 02:57 PM   #1
offsides

Default Death Tax vs. Thumbtacks

Death Tax takes the item that is worth the most. Thumbtacks are immune to Curses and Bad Stuff. How do they interact (this came up in a tournament game yesterday) if the Thumbtacks are your most valuable item?

I ruled that since Death Tax doesn't say "Curse", and isn't Bad Stuff, that Thumbtacks had to go. Was that correct, or is there a different "official" result?
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:06 PM   #2
cartmanbeck

Default Re: Death Tax vs. Thumbtacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by offsides View Post
Death Tax takes the item that is worth the most. Thumbtacks are immune to Curses and Bad Stuff. How do they interact (this came up in a tournament game yesterday) if the Thumbtacks are your most valuable item?

I ruled that since Death Tax doesn't say "Curse", and isn't Bad Stuff, that Thumbtacks had to go. Was that correct, or is there a different "official" result?
Sounds like how I would have ruled it too. Several things that act as curses are not actually curses, so they're generally more valuable to have than curses because nothing specifically prevents them.

Tags
munchkin zombies