Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 03-03-2021, 04:59 PM   #1
Abeaushan

Default Munchkin Third Party reviews

I was extremely underwhelmed by 'Munchkin Disney' when I played it. There were big issues such as vague wording and even misprints (see 'One Jump Ahead' and 'Hakuna Matata' for example). Additionally, the lack of effort in the graphic design makes cards that should feel awesome, like 'Prince John's Crown' and 'Jafar's Staff', seem lame. I hope there is a reprint soon that will clear up these major disappointments.

That being said, as for sets that it should mix well with, I would consider blending it with 'Munchkin Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles'. Both sets revolve around 'Roles' and 'Allies' so the possible interactions between the two are many.

The upcoming 'Munchkin Critical Role' looks as though it could blend even better because on top of the focus being on 'Roles' and 'Allies', it will apparently also have 'Drives' which could be ruled to be synonymous to the 'Motivations' which could bolster the symbiosis even more.

Now I know, these examples are from a technical perspective but as for theme, I like the entertaining marriage you proposed with 'Munchkin Cthulhu'. It sounds fun and if all the players are on board, then why not! As for others based on theme, I could get into a blend with 'Munchkin Booty', the game could be set in Neverland!
Abeaushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 07:08 PM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Munchkin Third Party reviews

Please don't post taking posts onto tangent posts -- if you want to talk about several items, a new thread would be better.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 07:51 PM   #3
emigio

Default Re: Munchkin Third Party reviews

if i were you i would avoid USAopoly and focus only on SJ versions of munchkin. Most of USAopoly munchkins are done with low effort like you say(no artist, they simpy take random pictures and put them on the cards).
Ninja Turtles from what i know is done by another company (neither USAopoly nor SJ), for sure there is a big effort with the design and artworks (sadly wasted with the childish subject).
Munchkin Critical Role is made by USAopoly...

Buy more SJ munchkins (possibly by Kovalic) leave the USAopoly to random people lol

Last edited by emigio; 03-03-2021 at 07:54 PM.
emigio is offline   Reply With Quote