Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-10-2020, 03:08 PM   #1611
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: Gaming Ballistic - GURPS Content Posts

New Errata Submission Page

As part of “coming up for air,” I hope to be fixing/adding a few things to the site, and to my business processes. One of those things is a new method of submitting errors found in all my books. There are over a dozen now, and more on the way, so keeping track of everything is a challenge. There are so many lines of possible communication – Kickstarter messages, Facebook and Facebook messenger, Discord, email, and more (and I’ve received feedback from all of these) that it’s too easy to lose track. And too easy to have them deleted or missed.

New Errata Page

Once you click the Errata link, you’ll be taken to a submission page. Only one entry per submission, and you’ll need to choose the product (I’ll update the list as new products come out), provide a contact email, and a few other things.

It is very, very helpful if you give me enough information to easily find the thing you want changed.

There’s only so much I can do. If your suggestion is to replace “Maui” with “Maui, Shapeshifter, Demigod of the Wind and Sea, Hero of Men and Women,” well, that might not fit. Or it might. (It’s also not really an error. Unless you're Maui and being picky.)

“There’s no such thing as a Technique in the Dungeon Fantasy RPG” is a rules-related error.

“Immunity isn’t a thing in GURPS!” is true in the Basic Set, but if you look up Immunity in the Dungeon Fantasy Monsters book, you’ll find it right there on p. 11: “Immunity: Monster cannot be affected at all by the indicated threat – e.g., disease, mind control, or poison – regardless of cause or means of delivery. As it needn’t defend against or resist such things, they don’t even count as distractions!”

I mention this because my publishing to date for Steve Jackson Games’ products is confined to The Dungeon Fantasy RPG and The Fantasy Trip. So if you’re correcting rules usage, please ensure you’re using the correct the source material.

I hope this works out better for everyone. It’s got the advantage of all being in one place for everyone. It gives me the most easily searchable format. And hopefully means that I can do things more efficiently across all my product lines. It also means that I should be able to compile easy “from–>to” errata sheets over time.

We’ll see! I hope it’s useful to you. I know it will be useful to me…if it’s used.

Errata Reporting Page for Gaming Ballistic LLC
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 09:22 PM   #1612
Kale

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
There are over a dozen now, and more on the way, so keeping track of everything is a challenge.
New Errata Page
A dozen whole errors across all your books? You're slipping Doug... :)
Seriously, your work has always been amazing and I hope this new process helps you streamline post hoc editing in the future.
Old 03-11-2020, 09:55 AM   #1613
Plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kale View Post
A dozen whole errors across all your books? You're slipping Doug... :)
Seriously, your work has always been amazing and I hope this new process helps you streamline post hoc editing in the future.
Where do you get dozen from? This is just a reporting page, not a master list of errata.

The only one I can remember is the two for TG:
https://gamingballistic.com/2013/11/...cal-grappling/ (3 pages)
https://gamingballistic.com/2013/11/...-for-technica/ (10 pages)

So with just those 2 there should be at least 13. What other books had errata? Can't find any.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 11:12 AM   #1614
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
Where do you get dozen from? This is just a reporting page, not a master list of errata.

The only one I can remember is the two for TG:
https://gamingballistic.com/2013/11/...cal-grappling/ (3 pages)
https://gamingballistic.com/2013/11/...-for-technica/ (10 pages)

So with just those 2 there should be at least 13. What other books had errata? Can't find any.
I'd mentioned "a dozen" in a few different places.

The first was "errata for a dozen books," which is obviously not number of mistakes, but I also (maybe not here, but elsewhere) had noted that I'd received well over a dozen error reports in the first hour the site/submission form went up. This is excellent, since it means it's working as it should.

I will note that two changes have since been made to the page.

1) A "I have more to say!" link that takes you right back to the submission page was added to the thank you screen in case you've found a bunch. This is especially useful for playtest reports.

2) You now get an email copy of what you submitted. It's the same email I get.
Old 03-13-2020, 10:40 AM   #1615
DouglasCole

Yesterday I learned the difference between gantlet and gauntlet.

https://gamingballistic.com/2020/03/...-and-gauntlet/
Old 03-16-2020, 05:05 PM   #1616
DouglasCole

Last Call for Errata on ALL FOUR BOOKS

I'm coming down to the end for The Dragons of Rosgarth. Today, "thanks" to Coronavirus-related school shutdowns and social distancing, plus a pair of kids who happily kept themselves occupied productively for nearly nine hours, I got the hyperlinking and indexing done. I also realized that I'd missed a whole page of unique magic items (the source of the Bang'a Gong errors, as an example).

But it all got done. Plus lots and lots of errors corrected in the main text and bestiary.

A few more pieces of art came in too.

So now I feel like I'm down to a few pieces of art, maybe a few "please fix my name" things.

Final Requests

This means that if you have any changes to request on ANY of the four books, please make them now. Let's assume that the last changes I made to the other three were made the last time I sent out files. So if there's something in Nordlondr Folk, Hand of Asgard, or Forest's End that you haven't sent me using the new errata page, please take the time to do it now.

If things go to plan, I'll have all the remaining art by the end of the week, and I'll start placing print orders this coming Monday.

Errata Page Again

The new submission system is working out really, really well. So I'm going to insist that all new requests for changes use it.

Thanks! So very close!
Old 03-18-2020, 04:46 PM   #1617
DouglasCole

Dalin from these very boards provided a glorious play report on The Citadel at Nordvorn.

https://gamingballistic.com/2020/03/...-a-test-drive/
Old 03-28-2020, 01:32 PM   #1618
DouglasCole

Four New Nordlond Sagas: Available in PDF

After much toil, four new books in the Norse-inspired Norðlond setting for the Dungeon Fantasy RPG (Powered by GURPS) are now available on the Gaming Ballistic web store in PDF form.

The Dragons of Rosgarth

A dragon has come again to Rosgarth Castle. He hopes to ascend, becoming an Elder Dragon. They ruled the world for countless thousands of years. He believes he has found the way to do it. He may be right.

In the Norse-inspired realm of Norðlond, 100 miles south of Rosgarth, signs and portents, rumors, and reports all say the same thing: If brave thegns do not stop the threat of the dragons of Rosgarth, a new Ragnarök threatens.

112 pages. Full color.

Forest's End

Far beyond the safety of Audreyn’s Wall, the ambitious noble Dalmar, his wife Freythor, and their lifetime friend and lieutenant Tobias carved a new settlement out of the dragonkin-infested wilderness. The planning and struggle is to come to fruition with a grand celebration in front of the King’s representative. Dalmar will offer up the Konungsgjöf and petition to be named Jarl of Skógurenda: Lord of Forest’s End.

Skógurenda is in peril and does not know it. The only questions are if external or internal threats rip the town apart first … and if a party of adventurers, newly come to the town, are mighty enough to save it.

96 pages. Full color.

Hand of Asgard

Within the book, you will find
  • Customized cleric templates for the Dungeon Fantasy RPG, one for each of the Aesir
  • Suggestions for modifying the holy warrior traits to better suit each god, whether they serve the Queen of the World, the Lawgiver, or the Snow Queen
  • More than 20 new Holy Might powers, available to any cleric or holy warrior
  • A guide to the major festivals celebrated during the Norðlond year, honoring each of the Lords of Asgard

16 pages. Full color.

Nordlondr Folk

Inside Norðlondr Fólk, find a whole new world of playable races for your character!
  • 16 templates to supplement and enhance those from Dungeon Fantasy Adventurers.
  • Alternate versions of elves, dwarves, and other races specific to the Norðlond cosmology.
  • Honor your gods: Take on the visage and abilities of their totem animal.
  • Become one of the many hybrid races walking Nordlond: the half-demon eldhuð, dragon-blooded, and more.

16 pages. Full color.

A Word of Thanks

The Nordlond Sagas Kickstarter campaign offered all four of these books. Production was delayed a bit, and then the COVID-19 pandemic made things even harder. Hard-copy versions of each book will be made available, but printing and shipping are probably going to stretch out until May or June*at best.*The wonderful backers of the project allowed - and in many cases insisted - that the PDFs be made available even without the print books being shipped. So thanks to them for understanding!
Old 04-01-2020, 08:13 AM   #1619
DouglasCole

Reviews Starting to come in!

Over at GreysonWHY, we have

Quick Review(s) of The Dragons of Rosgarth, Forest’s End, Norðlondr Fólk, and Hand of Asgard*from Gaming Ballistic for the*DFRPG

Then high praise over at Don't Forget Your Boots.*To the North!

If you write a review, let me know. If you use the character-building books, let me know. If you play the adventures, link up your session summaries if you write them!

If you're interested, you can find the books set in Nordlond on the GB Store:

Adventure/Setting
  • Hall of Judgment
  • Citadel at Nordvorn
  • Forest's End
  • The Dragons of Rosgarth

Rules/Supplement
  • Fantastic Dungeon Grappling
  • Nordlondr Folk
  • Hand of Asgard
Old 04-23-2020, 06:29 PM   #1620
DouglasCole

I thought I’d try something new: an “unboxing” video for the new adventure books. Overall, I’m quite pleased with how they turned out!

Forest’s End and Dragons of Rosgarth: Advance Copy Unboxing

Tags
blog, blogs, committed aim, dungeon grappling, modern firepower, pass limb