Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-04-2009, 07:09 PM   #11
Mgellis

Default Re: Need a transhumanist bunnygirl template

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
I have need for a "bunnygirl" template for the unofficial Gernsback-2 setting. This is a on-the-verge-of-transhumanist setting (not as developed as Transhuman Space) where biomodification is still in its infancy. Spectacular successes are known, but so are spectacular failures, and (so far) every biomodification is a one-off. (On the flip side, the setting's superscience allows biomodification of an adult life form... but there's no going back.)

All biomodification racial templates in this setting must have this meta-trait: Unusual Biochemistry [-5]; Dependency ("random roll" food or drink item; very common, weekly) [-10]; Taboo Trait (Genetic Defects) [0]; Minor Addiction ("random roll" food or drink related to but not Dependency) [-1].

That's the background. My current problem: I have need to insert a "bunnygirl" into the setting. Not a sexy human female wearing an outfit that Playboy made famous - a human-sized highly-anthropomorphic lagomorph. (Although there's nothing stopping one of these bunnygirls from wearing that outfit; she just wouldn't need the ears and tail, since she's got her own built-in.) The trouble is, I don't keep a pet and my copy of GURPS Bunnies and Burrows is deep in storage, so I have no idea what a bunny person would have in the way of racial attributes. Long ears, powder-puff tail, and a light covering of fur are obvious traits, but what are the game effects of those, and what do they have internally that I don't know about?

I'm aiming in the neighbourhood of 100 points for the template, give or take 25 points. (Starting characters are usually around 250 points in this setting.)

So... what does the template look like, aside from the meta-trait?
Do you have Bio-Tech? Check out the Lepus parahuman template (p. 74). Seemz we alredi haz buni purson!

I hope this helps.

Mark
Mgellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:13 PM   #12
Gold & Appel Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
Pets, maybe, but many wild rabbits are tough mothers capable of taking out larger house cats.
I admit that my experience is limited to the domestic variety, but I doubt the wild ones are all that different really. They freeze up because it overcomes the fight or flight instinct that they also possess, which is useful for not being noticed when the predator is something they couldn't possibly beat or outrun but disadvantageous if there was a chance of dealing with the situation themself.

In the case of Wild Bunny vs Larger House Cat, we're probably looking at higher HT than any domestic bunny would have on one side, and a bad case of Overconfidence on the other IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan Larson View Post
Are you sure that's right? It seems to me the one things rabbits are good at is running away. Perhaps a special Combat Paralysis (Run Away) disadvantage is called for, for characters who are not stunned in the face of violence, but who dearly want to run run run away. Perhaps a -10 disadvantage rather than -15.
Wouldn't that just be Cowardice? A penalized Fright Check might cause superficially-similar stunning, but a Cowardly character definitely wants to run, and probably will as soon as they're able... Unless you mean a Disadvantage that would force immediate flight with no chance of stunning on a failed roll, which IMHO would be worth a lot less than [-10]...
Gold & Appel Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:15 AM   #13
jacobmuller

Bunny Gurlz [6?]
May be regarded as a pest animorph.
ST-1 [-10], BS+0.5 [10], Acute Hearing +4 [8], Fur [1].
Increased Fecundity [0], Reproductive Control [1], Shorter Gestation [1], Early Maturation (feature: pick the age of maturity, level 1 =9, level 2 = 4),
Altered sex Ratio (female only) [0]; Parthenogenisis [0]; Easy Childbirth [0]; Exotic Genitalia/Exagerated secondary Sexual Charicteristics [0]; Restricted Diet Vegan (Sub, -50%) [-5], Extended Fertility [0].

You'd have Lots of room for extras: superjump, enhanced move, extra DX, Stress Atavism...
jacobmuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:56 AM   #14
aesir23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobmuller View Post
You'd have Lots of room for extras: superjump, enhanced move, extra DX, Stress Atavism...
Depending on how much of the Rabbits big muscular legs she retains, you might also add Striking ST (Kicks Only).
aesir23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 06:36 AM   #15
panton41

Check out the link in my sig and go to Terrae RPG --> Characters then look for the "Leporid" template. The templates there represent bioengineered races, though the setting is ostensibly fantasy.

Quirks: Doesn't proofread forum posts before clicking "Submit". [-1]

Quote:
"My mace speaks Goblin." Antoni Ten Monros
panton41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:30 PM   #16
nanoboy

Below is my recommendation. I'll comment where I think it's appropriate.

Attributes [30]
ST 9 [-10]
DX 11 [20]

Basic Speed 5.75 [10]
Basic Move 7 [10]

Advantages [38]
Acute Hearing 3 [6]
Appearance (Attractive) [4]
I figure that bunnygirls would be built to be attractive. It's sort of implied that they are flirty sexpots.
Claws (Blunt Claws) [3]
Night Vision (5) [5]
I'm pretty sure that rabbits have tapeda lucidum.
Racial Skill Bonus (Jumping) (2) [4]
Striking ST (2) (Doesn't give general damage bonus (e.g. for Limited: One Weapon); Kicks Only) [6]
Super Jump (1) [10]

Perks [1]
Fur [1]
Fur, of course, is to taste.

Disadvantages [-54]
Addiction (Special Food or Drink) (Cheap) [-5]
Cowardice (12 or less) [-10]
As flighty herbivore derived, rabbitgirls should be paranoid of realistic danger, always looking out for things.
Dependency (Special Food or Drink) (Very Common) (Monthly) [-5]
Ham-Fisted (-1) [-5]
Lecherousness (9 or less) [-22]
You gotta go with this! It's part of the whole idea, right? I mean, aside from cuteness and deliciousness, rabbits are known for their insatiable appetites for sex.
Unnatural Feature (Bunny Tail, Bunny Ears, Other Bunny Characteristics) (-2) [-2]
The main effect here is that bunnygirls have difficulty disguising themselves as non-bunnygirls.
Unusual Biochemistry [-5]

Quirks [-1]
Minor Addiction (Food or Drink) [-1]

Stats [30] Ads [38] Disads [-54] Quirks [-1] Skills [0] = Total [14]
nanoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:47 PM   #17
aesir23

Looks great, except that you take addiction to food as a disadvantage and as a quirk. That's double dipping.

I personally would prefer Restricted Diet to Dependency and Addiction, is this build canon to Transhuman Space? Everyone's dependent on food, this implies that they eat a regular diet, but are also Addicted to and Dependent on the same food.

I also be very reluctant to allow Addiction and Dependence to the same substance for the same character as it's just two different ways to say 'I need this or bad stuff happens', but it works mechanically so I won't harp on it.

Last edited by aesir23; 11-05-2009 at 05:53 PM.
aesir23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:59 PM   #18
nerdvana

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesir23 View Post
Looks great, except that you take addiction to food as a disadvantage and as a quirk. That's double dipping.

I personally would prefer Restricted Diet to Dependency and Addiction, is this build canon to Transhuman Space? Everyone's dependent on food, this implies that they eat a regular diet, but are also Addicted to and Dependent on the same food.

I also be very reluctant to allow Addiction and Dependence to the same substance for the same character as it's just two different ways to say 'I need this or bad stuff happens', but it works mechanically so I won't harp on it.
I'd say its perfectly ok.... addicted to two food stuffs and dependent on a third though!
nerdvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 06:16 PM   #19
nanoboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesir23 View Post

I was following what the original poster wanted. He indicated that the rabbitgirls (apparently like the other genetically modified folks in his setting) are addicted to one random foodstuff and dependent on another. If he didn't indicate that, I wouldn't have included either.
nanoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 06:27 PM   #20
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan Larson View Post
Wow, 100 points is a lot. For a hundred points, you can get a SWAT team officer from GURPS Cops minus a few points for a dark past or inexperience. The various races in Dungeon Fantasy tend toward the 20-point mark.
We have a few androids and a Felicia-class catgirl in the setting; their racial templates are in the low three digits. Based on those, I was expecting this one to be, as well.

Nice to see that isn't the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgellis View Post
Do you have Bio-Tech? Check out the Lepus parahuman template (p. 74). Seemz we alredi haz buni purson!

I hope this helps.

Mark
It does, but as a starting point rather than a plug-and-play template. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoboy View Post
I was following what the original poster wanted. He indicated that the rabbitgirls (apparently like the other genetically modified folks in his setting) are addicted to one random foodstuff and dependent on another. If he didn't indicate that, I wouldn't have included either.
Yep; that's something I'm stuck with. (I'm considering "carrots" as the addiction. I haven't picked a Dependency yet; in-setting, they're rarely obvious. The setting's catgirls have Dependency on various brands of soda, for example...)

There's plenty to think about here already, but I'll still welcome other ideas...
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chargen, custom setting, infinite worlds, racial templates, raw, templates