Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Resources

Old 10-31-2009, 11:23 AM   #21
sgtcallistan

Default Re: GURPS Community Campaign & Adventure Repository

Amy's Amazing Adventures / Amazing Adventures in Archaeology. An often re-interpreted / re-visited campaign beginning in 1929, normal tech, using real history, 'Boy's Own Paper' / 'Girl's Own Paper' style adventures and pulp history equally.
Minor Brit noblewoman, her friends and employees have jolly adventures, discovering ancient tombs to raid, meeting Doctor Jones, thwarting the nazis' sinister agents, going to tea parties / murders, studying old haunted houses and churches (sourcing M.R. James ghost stories), going to symposia, meeting new friends in new lands, meeting old schoolfriends in old kingdoms in India or Africa.
Not very cinematic, except where cinema crosses over with the high-jinks typical of 1920's/30's adventure fiction.
Less 'Indiana Jones', more 'The Adventures of Jack Harkaway from 'Ensign' magazine'.
Deliberately a more innocent style than the later re-imaginings by Hollywood or TV.
sgtcallistan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 01:12 PM   #22
Cernig

I've recently stopped GMing so that I could tweak my campaigns some. (sorry, no websites for them)

Tethira: TL3 fantasy campaign set about midway on the "use of magic" scale between Banestorm and DF. Setting is the rump of a Romanesque empire and the intrigues of provinces emerging into independent kingdoms. Overall, the Dark Ages are approaching and nothing the PCs do can halt the oncoming tide of barbarism and invading nonhuman hordes. Tragic heroes in the Celtic style, not that they know that yet.

Beyond The Veil: modern day "Secret paranormal" based off VtM, Laurel K. etc. PCs are an uneasy alliance of trouble-shooting vamps, Sidhe, weres or mages in Seattle, using "magic-as-powers" system. Pretty bog-standard stuff, really.

Tapesty of Stars: TL10^ space opera in the Traveller style, only with an alien space-Nazi race of evolved raptor-analogues as the Big Bad. All the usual cliched tropes. Various star-nations give a political dynamic based off pre-WW2 Europe. Tech designed to give a late WW1 "feel" to space battles.

Retired setting: Infernal Reign - a variant on the zombie apocalypse idea...demon apocalypse. The Trinity event banestorm tore open a gate to Hell as well as pushing ambient manna levels up. PCs are survivors from various hidden enclaves, trying to make their way and master their new abilities while scavenging among the ruins of late 1940's USA. A mashup of Reign of Steel, Weird World War and Technomancer.

In planning: Iron Empires - cinematic Steampunk campaign.
Cernig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:01 PM   #23
Rasputin

Oh, neat. I had an adventure rejected by SJG for Dungeon Fantasy, so I'll make sure to knock the map into better shape (it didn't make it all the way to that stage, and I don't draw well, so it's a scan of a drawing that I'm touching up in Gimp) and upload it.

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:11 AM   #24
simulatoralive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
Oh, neat. I had an adventure rejected by SJG for Dungeon Fantasy, so I'll make sure to knock the map into better shape (it didn't make it all the way to that stage, and I don't draw well, so it's a scan of a drawing that I'm touching up in Gimp) and upload it.
Perhaps it would be helpful to have an SVG file that makes it easy to draw maps? You can use it with Inkscape (also free).

My dungeon template can be found here.

Islands of War is my fantasy campaign setting for GURPS. It includes Adventures.

Have trouble drawing dungeon maps? Try Inkscape and my Dungeon Template.

I'm building a video game.
simulatoralive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:47 AM   #25
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by simulatoralive View Post
Perhaps it would be helpful to have an SVG file that makes it easy to draw maps? You can use it with Inkscape (also free).

My dungeon template can be found here.
The problem is that squares are ill suited to GURPS maps. Do you have an HEX template?
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:02 AM   #26
simulatoralive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshima View Post
The problem is that squares are ill suited to GURPS maps. Do you have an HEX template?
Nope, but squares are useful for drawing maps. I guess adding a switchable hex grid would be a good project for a rainy day. I seem to remember coming across an option to produce a hex grid in Inkscape. I'll have to take another look.

Edit: Well, it's not raining here, but I just finished adding a hex grid to the two files. The hex grid layer is hidden by default, because it's easier to draw maps with nice, straight grid lines, but hexes are handy for the final product.

Islands of War is my fantasy campaign setting for GURPS. It includes Adventures.

Have trouble drawing dungeon maps? Try Inkscape and my Dungeon Template.

I'm building a video game.

Last edited by simulatoralive; 11-02-2009 at 08:36 AM.
simulatoralive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:59 PM   #27
nerdvana

I've made a new thread for discussion of the template so that this thread can be kept on topic.
nerdvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:24 PM   #28
HuManBing
Banned

The Pearl of the Ebon Orb: Although the title may sound like it's a fantasy game, this campaign was actually a sci-fi campaign. Superficially a post-apocalyptic setting, the game was intended to explore three separate models of future society.

The first nation is the Bunker: a militaristic remnant made up of various old nations' armies and their descendants, scrabbling for survival and striving to reinvent key former technologies amidst the wasteland. Its drive to survive internal and external tensions puts it in opposition to the Oval City.

The second nation is the Oval City, a genetically advanced sterile subspecies of human, made up of biological females conceived through ovular parthenogenesis. Each individual has the collected memories of her ancestors deep within her psyche, and can reactivate them for guidance by dreaming with narcotic stimuli. This nation represents technological stasis as a conscious societal choice: no new technologies have been developed for centuries, and no new citizens are born unless and until an existing citizen dies, whereupon her eggs are harvested and her brain matter is incorporated into the newborn.

The third and final nation - the Elevated - is a genetically human, but technologically very advanced faction comprised of outright clones led by a War survivor. This society represents strict devout devotion to technology, in a quasi-religious hierarchy with the highest scientists commanding priestlike faith among their subordinates. The nation is based onboard a space elevator at coordinates (0,0) off the coast of old Africa, but has been searching for ways to exploit the remnants of civilization on the surface. They enter the endgame of the campaign as a hostile force, small in number but with considerable technological power at their disposal.
HuManBing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:47 PM   #29
Tectuctitlay

I have 16 adventures on my site covering a wide array of genres, from horror to dark fantasy (GURPS Warhammer to be specific).

http://sites.google.com/site/tectuct...oversions/Home
Tectuctitlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 06:51 AM   #30
robertsconley

I have some GURPS rules and campaign notes for my Wilderlands Campaign. I switched from AD&D to Fantasy Hero in 1986 and then to GURPS in 1988. We been using GURPS since.

http://wilderlands.batintheattic.com
robertsconley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nigirea