Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 03-13-2008, 05:29 AM   #11
MunchkinMan

Default Re: House Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevBob
(Hey, MM, question time before it becomes an issue. If asked, can I share the card lists on the forum?)
Sure. We're not talking about a custom card, and as long as you don't have card text in with the card list, you're not giving away any info SJG hasn't been.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:59 AM   #12
ArcadianRefugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazz
the now infamous "Go up 16 levels in one turn" fiasco
Do go on.....

/plays so little Star Munchkin, as my group doesn't much seem to care for it for some reason
Old 03-13-2008, 08:29 AM   #13
Cheddar Limbo

Kneepads are the only card we don't play with right now (Munchkin +2 & 3).
Cheddar Limbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:03 AM   #14
Bazz

AR:

trader + pink stamps (item, no value, allows you to take the top card from either discard pile) + valuable coupon (blender card, take upto 1000 gold worth of items from discard pile) + plot device.

the combo runs thusly -

1) plot device to take GUAL into hand,
2) exchange pink stamps for plot device,
3) use valuable coupon to grab 1000 gold worth of items from discard (plus all the 'no value' items, including pink stamps)
4) exchange a single piece of treasure you have just picked up for the valuable coupon (trader ability)
5) Use GUAL.
6) Exchange pink stamps for Gual.
7) Use trader ability to get back stamps
8) Use GUAL.
9) Rinse, and Repeat.

basicly, plot device can fish any card that has appeared in tha game into hand, and the pink stamps mean that after you use it, no matter what kind of card it is, you can get it back into hand. if someone buries it, using a discard, then you can use plot device to get it back *again*. Valuable coupon allows you to get pink stamps back whenever you want, and fuel it's use indefinately. I used all this to recycle the same GUAL over and over again, but you can do the same thing by selling treasures, you can recycle arms locker as much as you want, you can take every card from both discards into your hand if you feel like it (but beware the charity phase, hehe).

I went from level 2 to level 18 in a single turn, and then looked for trouble against 4 level 1 monsters (like i said, i had access to every wandering monster or monster card i wanted). even with "this one goes to 11!!" i was able to instant win.
Bazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:56 AM   #15
ArcadianRefugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazz
trader + pink stamps (item, no value, allows you to take the top card from either discard pile) + valuable coupon (blender card, take upto 1000 gold worth of items from discard pile) + plot device.
Ah!

/never actually used Blender cards
//may do that this weekend
Old 03-14-2008, 11:17 PM   #16
rty275

I like to have people make up a really impressive title if they try to equip the really impressive title and if its not impressive enough they only get +1 or +2 instead of +3
rty275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 05:58 AM   #17
Bazz

His Holy Excellency, Emperor of the Eight Ways, Senior Lord of all Mankind, The Bazz.

that impressive enough? or does it not count if it's already your discordian title?
Old 03-15-2008, 06:47 AM   #18
RevBob

I don't really go in for big house rules, especially since most of my Munchkin playing is done in demo settings. The biggest change I make is that I use minis on the level board to track levels instead of using d10s.

I've also been known to give an extra +1 if somebody winds up with a treasure that's just uniquely fitting somehow - like a couple of years ago when the chainmail dealer got the Chainmail Bikini. He'd brought a chainmail bikini top with him to the table, and I offered him the extra +1 if he put it on. Sure enough, he did - strapping it on his head like a helmet. :)

Looking for a St. Aosbczkcs medal.
RevBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:39 PM   #19
Squirrelly

The only house rule that my group plays by every once and a while is that until you're level 3, you win ties. Just to get the game moving. That was initiated after several games of nobody being do anything for 20 minutes because the initial draws have always sucked donkeyballs.

That and the fact that back then none of my players wanted to help each other. Lukily that has changed and we get alliances going every couple of games.
Squirrelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 06:10 PM   #20
Bazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevBob
I've also been known to give an extra +1 if somebody winds up with a treasure that's just uniquely fitting somehow - like a couple of years ago when the chainmail dealer got the Chainmail Bikini. He'd brought a chainmail bikini top with him to the table, and I offered him the extra +1 if he put it on. Sure enough, he did - strapping it on his head like a helmet. :)
a year or so back, aftger i first got Bites!, and i think the day after i'd just put in my green mohawk, we played bites! for the first time, and in my starting hand i got 'Punk Hairstyle'. it just seemed *so* appropriate, lolol.

Tags
combining different, doors, dummy hand, epic, extras, funny, gambling, gameplay, house rules, multi-deck, munchkin, munchkin zombies, new way to play, rules, rules variant, team, teams, two player, zombie dice