Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-01-2018, 07:34 AM   #141
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Michael)

"What do I risk? Who rules on Terr?"

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 04:48 AM   #142
Friendpmcii

Let's see, "Weapons that can kill the army described in that warning room in a single blow. And it may be hard to understand but one of the issues is that no one single group or Person rules on Tera, though it is a blessing as well. Each area is ruled by a different group and collectively they don't like competition in trade nore power and have multiple ways to detect and find people who pose a risk in those areas because control of an economy is control on the people."
Friendpmcii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 01:12 PM   #143
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"A weapon that may slay ten thousand in an instant? You over state yourself. Tell me in detail what manner off arms they bare that astonishes you so"

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 03-20-2018, 07:56 PM   #144
Friendpmcii

'I should have known better than to think that they would believe that, let's try again.' "Actualy it's true, the weapon is about the size of a a very fat person, they actually called the first one fat boy... Or something around that line. It basically uses a," Michael pauses, "I'm sorry but to describe how it works has to many words that you wouldn't likely understand. Simple to say it's not the only weapon, that one was 30 or more years ago."

"The main worry you should have is how powerful greed is over there and that there are weapons that can fire a single gun shot as far as the human eye can see with deadly accuracy, that's the one you should be most worred about. But even non weapons can be dangerous, there are devices that can communicate leagues and leagues in seconds. They have ways to track and control trade with them and devices that hold more memory then the smartest person in the world fitting in the palm of your hand. There greatest weapon is information and they weld it and obtain it with great accuracy."

"The ability to kill thousands at once isn't the weapon you should worry about to start, though it will likely become an issue eventually. The scarry ones are the more common every day ones. Where I live they used them to topple a government without anyone, okay almost anyone noticing."
Old 08-20-2018, 07:50 AM   #145
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

There is a long and uncomfortable silence. Finally, he says

"I cannot turn back. I have come too far. If I risk it, I risk it, but I will use the utmost care. Besides, I have thee."

Old 08-22-2018, 10:27 AM   #146
Friendpmcii

Michael smiles at the irony, Ok, but I can't solve this lock. Those dial's make a word related to all the information we have received. This will be an issue that our language wizard will have to solve, or it could take days to even try to guess it. Michael looks at the interpreter and sais Given how tired he looks we should get some sleep so he can think around this. Besides we need to be rested and ready for what is on the other side, it seems dangerous. Should we sleep hear or on the boat?

OOC: Before we even came down said person was lacking sleep, he likely looks dead tired. If I had a social convincing skill I would role it.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:16 PM   #147
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Traub (the interpreter):"Nay, I will not press the Captain to rest upon my account. I may be able to speak with thee, but I know not more than Anglish and Deutch. But ye say the other side be dangerous? What may ye say about yon portal?"

The captain is told about the combination. He mutters something under his breath.

Traub relays a question:

"Can ye determine a if a failed word have consequences? If not so, we may rest while one of our number tries every word."

Old 08-22-2018, 07:36 PM   #148
Friendpmcii

Michael Shrugs, I don't sense anything obvious but behind this lock is a massive... something. For all I know it could fire past the wall and burn us to smithereens. If it was me the answer would be yes but it seems that based on what we have gone through the makers where very tame and simple in there construction.

Any chance that the creatcher we fought earlier could have been the makers?
Old 08-23-2018, 08:46 AM   #149
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Velsink laughs when Traub asks him about the earlier creature, then Traub relays the reply: "Ye know not Sarmag, being from earth. Sarmag be beasts cunning enough, yet they be of Ratti. I ken not why a Sarmag, a beast of Ratti and most disagreeable, would know of yon portals location. Nor yet why a Beast of Ratti would form such trials. He says this must be the work of men. Of the exiles who came through the portal first."

Captain Velsink grimaces. "Much power means much danger. Such could well be a snare, and would make much sense in this place. We must rest in former passages while we battle this mechanism. Tis not unexpected. I had hoped thou wouldst untangle all trials, but I came not expecting thee."

The captain orders all of his men back into the tunnels, being careful to direct which areas are safe from the sarmag and which from the potential trap. Some of them start setting up wooden device designed to flip the last lever after a period of time. The men seem nervous. A word is selected, and everyone gathered quite close to the captain, who has out a pocket watch.

As they are sorting this all out the captain brings fire to his hand and starts reaching out to touch michael with it.

Old 08-24-2018, 07:00 PM   #150
Friendpmcii

Michael backs away as he looks at the fire, Trying to burn me?

Tags
lost in dreams