Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-01-2018, 03:28 AM   #1
tHEhERETIC

Default In Nomine: the Sandbox

Real Life has gotten the better of a few of us, so I'm opening an AU scene within the IN setting I've already built. All players are welcome. Character sheet is only needed if there are any challenges, and use the same rules as The Pacific War thread.

Actions will not carry over into the main thread unless all parties agree to it, but characters will remember what they're told unless we neuralize them.

To start out, your character finds themselves walking in to The Mad Greek, a famous casual diner in the middle of the desert on the highway between LA and Vegas. There is a bald guy (Corat) hanging out at a table with a soldierly looking fellow (Kyle) who is warming up to a stylishly dressed Asian man (Ryuki) with the help of a couple drinks and a large basket of zucchini fries. The soldierly guy has his back to a different table where a thin black-haired woman in impractically high heels (Ruby) dines seemingly alone. Behind the counter is Larry with a difficult-to-pronounce last name, but he's a fixture in this town and nobody's going to mess with him.

It's like Callahan's, but in the middle of nowhere.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 02-01-2018 at 03:30 AM. Reason: A little bit of crunchiness and an MIB reference
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 05:57 PM   #2
ladyarcana55

Default Re: In Nomine: the Sandbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
To start out, your character finds themselves walking in to The Mad Greek, a famous casual diner in the middle of the desert on the highway between LA and Vegas. There is a bald guy (Corat) hanging out at a table with a soldierly looking fellow (Kyle) who is warming up to a stylishly dressed Asian man (Ryuki) with the help of a couple drinks and a large basket of zucchini fries. The soldierly guy has his back to a different table where a thin black-haired woman in impractically high heels (Ruby) dines seemingly alone. Behind the counter is Larry with a difficult-to-pronounce last name, but he's a fixture in this town and nobody's going to mess with him.

It's like Callahan's, but in the middle of nowhere.
A young woman comes in. She stops and scans the room. When she sees what she is looking for, she smiles and starts to step forward. She is an Asian woman in a red Chinese dress with gold and blue embroidery. Her jade earrings and necklace are tasteful and elegant. The dress is form fitting and her heels barely make a sound on the floor as she walks. Her long black hair and her makeup are perfect, as are her nails. She moves gracefully as she makes her way to her destination and when she reaches the table, she pulls a chair between Corat and Ryuki and sits.

"Sorry I'm late. I had to help with closing."

She looks at Kyle carefully. This is a stranger to her and she is very wary. She looks at the two men she does know.

"Who is this?"
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 07:21 PM   #3
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
A young woman comes in. She stops and scans the room. When she sees what she is looking for, she smiles and starts to step forward. She is an Asian woman in a red Chinese dress with gold and blue embroidery. Her jade earrings and necklace are tasteful and elegant. The dress is form fitting and her heels barely make a sound on the floor as she walks. Her long black hair and her makeup are perfect, as are her nails. She moves gracefully as she makes her way to her destination and when she reaches the table, she pulls a chair between Corat and Ryuki and sits.

"Sorry I'm late. I had to help with closing."

She looks at Kyle carefully. This is a stranger to her and she is very wary. She looks at the two men she does know.

"Who is this?"
Picture

He extends a handshake. "Kyle." If he notices the dress he's not letting on.

"He's a fellow Marine," Corat explains. The smiles passing between he and Kyle suggest this is an understatement.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:20 PM   #4
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Picture

He extends a handshake. "Kyle." If he notices the dress he's not letting on.

"He's a fellow Marine," Corat explains. The smiles passing between he and Kyle suggest this is an understatement.
She nods before taking his hand in a firm grip and giving it a good shake.

"I am Sunae."

She releases his hand and looks at Ryuki

"Don't you make fun of me. I didn't have a chance to change."
Old 02-02-2018, 05:00 PM   #5
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
She nods before taking his hand in a firm grip and giving it a good shake.

"I am Sunae."

She releases his hand and looks at Ryuki

"Don't you make fun of me. I didn't have a chance to change."
He stares appreciatively, but there's a smirk hiding in there. "Insert ethnic joke here," he deadpans.

Kyle watches with little expression; either he's got a great poker face or he's not impressed with short dresses and guys who notice them. "So, how do you know John?"
Old 02-02-2018, 05:23 PM   #6
ladyarcana55

Quote:
He stares appreciatively, but there's a smirk hiding in there. "Insert ethnic joke here," he deadpans.

Kyle watches with little expression; either he's got a great poker face or he's not impressed with short dresses and guys who notice them. "So, how do you know John?"
Shrug

"We worked together a couple of times. I don't know you so that's all I will say. He can fill in the rest."

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 02-02-2018 at 06:28 PM.
Old 02-03-2018, 06:40 AM   #7
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Shrug

"We worked together a couple of times. I don't know you so that's all I will say. He can fill in the rest."
Kyle finds this funny. "We," he indicates Corat and himself, "got our faces chewed off together a couple of times."
Old 02-03-2018, 10:36 AM   #8
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Kyle finds this funny. "We," he indicates Corat and himself, "got our faces chewed off together a couple of times."
"That's you and him. I still don't know you."
Old 02-03-2018, 04:11 PM   #9
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
"That's you and him. I still don't know you."
Ryuki facepalms. Kyle's laughter stops but he's careful to stay relaxed.

"He's with Mike," Corat says, as gently as he can. "Kyle and I went through boot camp together back in '74."

"'72. Your memory's still holey, Teddy Bear."
Old 02-03-2018, 10:13 PM   #10
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Ryuki facepalms. Kyle's laughter stops but he's careful to stay relaxed.

"He's with Mike," Corat says, as gently as he can. "Kyle and I went through boot camp together back in '74."

"'72. Your memory's still holey, Teddy Bear."
"I understand that but I've been burned before. Words can kill as easily as regret. I've learned the hard way to be cautious."