Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 08-25-2004, 09:07 PM   #1
David L Pulver
AlienAbductee

Default In Nomine: The Demon Ororon

Anyone else read this manga? I picked it up just before GenCon and read it on the plane down. It's about the half-angel daughter of archangel Michael and her romance with a burned out demon on the run from his relatives.

Sometimes a bit hard to follow the action, but the feel was just SO In Nomine...

http://www.tokyopop.com/dbpage.php?p...tegorycode=BMG
David L Pulver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 10:12 PM   #2
bazzalisk

Default Re: In Nomine: The Demon Ororon

Hmmm, the origin of the half-angel character seems, at a first glance, quite similar to that of Ellaine Beloc in DC Vertigo's Lucifer series (which is also great IN material).
bazzalisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 06:50 AM   #3
jramsay

I don't know that one, but I do have some french bandes desinees called 666 which are so IN it hurts :)
jramsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 09:17 AM   #4
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

I just read the second of the GNs, I did. It's rather interesting -- there are indications that the half-angel may (or may not, it's not clear) be the "Second Coming" avatar or something.

The art isn't the usual style that I prefer, but it's not too far off my tastes, either, and the story is interesting.

(And soon I will read my Angel Sanctuary graphic novels, yesssss.)
Old 08-26-2004, 08:54 PM   #5
Dr T. Jackson

Why is it that Michael is always the one fathering children. Man, he just can't keep it in his pants can he.

I loved the Lucifer series, I find the way he's (Lucifer) portrayed really helps for those brief interactions with the Devil that my PC's have.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:18 PM   #6
bazzalisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr T. Jackson
I loved the Lucifer series, I find the way he's (Lucifer) portrayed really helps for those brief interactions with the Devil that my PC's have.
Agreed, that's the way I intend to handle Lucifer in any IN game I run: Not cruel exactly, just callous and uncaring ... he has better things to do than worry about other people (except mazikeen) unless they can help him in some way.
bazzalisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 06:05 PM   #7
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr T. Jackson
Why is it that Michael is always the one fathering children. Man, he just can't keep it in his pants can he.
Flippant answer: He's so Alpha-Seraph, he just can't help it. The gals just pile on!

Serious answer: He's one of the few named, well-known ones, and with a "common" name -- these days, "Gabriel" is more often spelled "Gabrielle," after all, and Raphael is just "odd" while Uriel... Well, it's not a common name, and lends itself to bad jokes.

Or so I speculate. O:>

Quote:
Serious bunch of anti-heros, that thing has going. But for the very most part, anti-heros with style. O:>

Ororon's in that mold, too.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:30 PM   #8
Dr T. Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth
Serious answer: He's one of the few named, well-known ones, and with a "common" name -- these days, "Gabriel" is more often spelled "Gabrielle," after all, and Raphael is just "odd" while Uriel... Well, it's not a common name, and lends itself to bad jokes.
Yeah, I can't see him doing that in the standard IN sense though. Eli, sure..... Maybe he's doing it and blaming Michael :)

Tags
pop culture