Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 07-02-2019, 08:29 AM   #181
Shadekeep

Default Re: TFT Map Maker

New release of Shamat is out now, version 1.2. That was more work than I expected, but the upswing is that the code is now much better.

New features:
  • Map Grain - This is the big change. You can now select between a vertical or horizontal grain for the hexes. The default is vertical, which is what Shamat was originally coded to. There were massive changes under the hood to get this to work, including reprogramming the symbology of all the map components. Also had to update the logic of the line-drawing tools, and the random map generators. Please let me know if you see anything still amiss.
  • New Features - As requested, I have added Spiral and Half Door features. Spiral is an abstract symbol that can stand for a spiral staircase or some other special feature in your map. Half Door lets you assemble a D&D-style map door symbol. Place one Half Door in one hex, then invert and place another in the hex opposite. This will create an overlapping symbol representing the whole door. Due to the way Shamat is coded, it made sense to give this control to the designer rather than have the program try to do it intelligently itself.
  • Improvements - I fixed the line-drawing tool logic so that the lines behave more consistently. Also fixed the case where the skipline wouldn't draw if the endpoint was higher/leftward than the startpoint. The terrain symbology has been tweaked as well to render better in both map grains.

Hope you find these updates useful, and again, let me know if you spot any problems in the new code. Please also check that loading your maps from previous versions still works as expected. Thanks!
Shadekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 08:35 AM   #182
heruca

Great stuff! This app keeps growing by leaps and bounds.

Battlegrounds: RPG Edition is virtual tabletop software that allows you to play any RPG online or offline. It's very easy to use and feature-rich.
heruca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 08:55 AM   #183
Shadekeep

Thanks! Minor change I forgot to mention is the "collapse/expand" icon on the Map Settings toolbox. It's just to give you a bit more screen real estate for tools. In case you are wondering what the new blue arrow in the corner is, that's what it do. ^_^
Shadekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 08:57 AM   #184
heruca

Consider adding your website's URL to your sig, so people can easily get to your app without searching this thread for the link.

Battlegrounds: RPG Edition is virtual tabletop software that allows you to play any RPG online or offline. It's very easy to use and feature-rich.
heruca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 09:03 AM   #185
kjamma4

Quote:
Originally Posted by heruca View Post
Consider adding your website's URL to your sig, so people can easily get to your app without searching this thread for the link.
Yes please. And/or update the link in the first post.

This is AMAZING work.
kjamma4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 09:28 AM   #186
Shadekeep

Good suggestion, thanks!
Old 07-03-2019, 09:43 AM   #187
Shadekeep

Another update, this time taking on some suggestions from the TFT Discord chat.
  • Expanded Materials - There are now two sets of color palettes available. Use the arrow beside the materials palette to cycle through them. All colors are available for all maps, the cycle button is just so that they take up less screen space.
  • Fixed Corners & Finishes - I noticed that the Corner and Finish components weren't rendering correctly in Horizontal map grain. I've updated those symbols now and they should work as expected.

Thanks again for all the feedback!
Old 07-03-2019, 10:52 AM   #188
amenditman

Nice improvements.

Keep up the good work! It is much appreciated.
Old 07-03-2019, 11:55 AM   #189
Shadekeep

Glad to do it, and do let me know if there are any other features which would make it more useful.
Old 07-07-2019, 04:39 PM   #190
ParadoxGames

Thank you for the new colors, especially magenta! The new colors are so vibrant.