Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Pyramid

Old 01-23-2014, 05:26 PM   #1
J. Edward Tremlett

Default Pyramid - Infinite Worlds 2 - Stormbomb-1 extras

Hey folks:

As always, I wrote more than there was room for. So here's what wound up on the cutting room floor. If you have a GM who likes to steal their campaign worlds from Pyramid, you might want to ignore this...

Still looking? Okay...

No Sun in That Sky

Meanwhile, over in France, Prime Minister Daladier has made it a personal mission to rid the world of la bombe de l'enfer. He knows that he cannot persuade the League of Nations to ban its use, now, so he is hoping to put together a clandestine effort to destroy it from within. He has learned that Dr. Wych is the only man who knows exactly how it works, which means one good bullet might solve this global crisis. He has left the exact plans up to the Deuxième Bureau, whom he is certain can do this without anyone learning that France was responsible.
They may have a few English allies, provided they can find them.

Keep the Candle Lit:

Infiltration: A group of Time Scouts is exploring blackshirted Britain, with the hopes of finding sympathetic persons who can shepherd the country back to sanity once things start happening. This is rather slow going, as so many people have bought into what the Mosley government is telling them. Any friendly person with treasonous opinions might actually be looking to turn them in for extra rations, or maybe a new car.

Oswald Mosley

On Homeline, Oswald Mosley (1898-1980) achieved infamy by becoming the founder and leader of the British Union of Fascists. This had the effect of destroying his legitimate, however turbulent, political career, and he died an embarrassing historical footnote in France.
Prime Minister Mosley of Stormbomb-1, on the other hand, seems to be maintaining an excellent hold on his political base. After succeeding the politically-ailing David Lloyd George in 1922, he has consistently delivered on his promises to keep the Empire great, maintain law and order at home, and create a world without war. There may have been some concern over how he set out to accomplish this, but now, with most of the world wracked by the Great Depression, his strong-handed tactics are seen as the salvation of Britain.

(And be sure to read The Secret in The Storm on pg 39, where a very important detail about this reality can be found...) ;)

Hope you all enjoyed it!
It is a terrible thing to fall into the hands of the Living God (Heb. 10:31)

"Or the light that never, never warms" (Boc. 6:55)

Read SPYGOD. Behold my Linked In

Buy my (SJ Games) stuff.
J. Edward Tremlett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:50 PM   #2
David Johnston2

Default Re: Pyramid - Infinite Worlds 2 - Stormbomb-1 extras

I was kind of wondering how the inhabitants of New Berlin even knew that there were other arrivals as far away as the Middle East or even China. They would have had to spread very wide indeed in quite a short time.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:12 PM   #3
J. Edward Tremlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston2 View Post
I was kind of wondering how the inhabitants of New Berlin even knew that there were other arrivals as far away as the Middle East or even China. They would have had to spread very wide indeed in quite a short time.
I didn't exactly make this clear in The Secret in the Storm, but whenever the Stormbomb goes off, anyone it sucks up on Stormbomb-1 gets dumped in more or less the same spot on Rache-Welt in a "personfall."

This is why the Berliners found a poorly cared-for flock of sheep when they'd gotten there: the test subjects from that Scottish island were deposited there, and everyone else has followed suit.

They haven't all stayed in one spot, though. There was a colony of displaced Constantinopolitans, elsewhere, at least before Reich-5 showed up. I have the feeling they're not doing too well, now...

Buy my (SJ Games) stuff.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:59 AM   #4
johndallman
Night Watchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Edward Tremlett View Post
After succeeding the politically-ailing David Lloyd George in 1922
There's a minor error at the top of the second column on p33. "Prime Minister George" should be "Prime Minister Lloyd George". The chap's surname was "Lloyd George", both words.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:06 AM   #5
Phil Masters

Well, if the article is going to be errata'd, could we get the England/Britain confusion fixed at the same time?
My Self-Publications: On Warehouse 23 and On DriveThruRPG.
Phil Masters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:03 PM   #6
J. Edward Tremlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
There's a minor error at the top of the second column on p33. "Prime Minister George" should be "Prime Minister Lloyd George". The chap's surname was "Lloyd George", both words.
Whooops! Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Masters View Post
Well, if the article is going to be errata'd, could we get the England/Britain confusion fixed at the same time?
Whoops again! derp derp.

Buy my (SJ Games) stuff.

Tags
infinite worlds, pyramid 3/63