Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 Digital

Old 01-23-2014, 04:45 PM   #1
Steven Marsh

Default [New Release] Pyramid #3/63: Infinite Worlds II

Let's set aside the fact that "Infinite Worlds II" is a bit of a mind-bender. (It's like how there's a NeverEnding Story II . . . how does that work?! I haven't finished the first one yet!) Where was I? Oh, right! Pyramid #3/63: Infinite Worlds II is one issue of Pyramid you don't want to miss, even if you're not an Infinity Agent. It contains a crate-load of goodies, including a new magic system from Jason "PK" Levine, a steampunk-flavored World War II alternate Earth from David L. Pulver, a GURPS Psionic Powers expansion to let you build your own private pocket dimension, and more.

Get away from it all . . . including this entire universe! Pick up this issue by itself or subscribe today to get a dose of otherworldly dynamite every month!
Steven Marsh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:31 PM   #2
PK

Default Re: [New Release] Pyramid #3/63: Infinite Worlds II

Yeah, much like last time, this issue is a combination of nifty new worlds/settings and generic, crunchy rules that can drop into almost any game.

Personally, I'm not admitting to anything, but The Power of Sorcery MAY be my way of sneaking a mini-supplement into Pyramid to see what people think of my take on "magic as powers." I'm hoping for useful feedback, both on how close this comes to what people want in such a system, and on how well sorcery works for y'all in general.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:38 PM   #3
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
Personally, I'm not admitting to anything, but The Power of Sorcery MAY be my way of sneaking a mini-supplement into Pyramid to see what people think of my take on "magic as powers."
It's along the lines of what I was noodling, Modular Ability (called "Sorcery"), and known spells as AAs. I didn't think of the cool Simultaneous Spell thing. Clearly, it's brilliant! (and I don't need these notes anymore). :P
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:50 AM   #4
Michael Thayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
Yeah, much like last time, this issue is a combination of nifty new worlds/settings and generic, crunchy rules that can drop into almost any game.

Personally, I'm not admitting to anything, but The Power of Sorcery MAY be my way of sneaking a mini-supplement into Pyramid to see what people think of my take on "magic as powers." I'm hoping for useful feedback, both on how close this comes to what people want in such a system, and on how well sorcery works for y'all in general.
It gets a thumbs up from me. Roughly how I'd do it, but I wouldn't have thought of the Modular Abilities variant, which looks like it would work very well.

However, my favorite articles were: Lord of Your Own Domain (especially the "Wally" sample character), The Infinite Aisles, and Stormbomb-1. All of them present new ways to get around the infinite worlds, and as such could really shake up a campaign (Auer perhaps less so, though if someone figured out how to harness the phenomenon reliably...) I can see "Wally" being an incredibly useful supporting NPC (of course one you won't give the PCs access to until they really need him), while Dr. Wych could be one of the major villains in the campaign.
Michael Thayne is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
infinite worlds, pyramid 3/63