Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2019, 07:53 AM   #11
MikMod

Default Re: TFT Map Maker

Hi Shadekeep. I posted this in another 'hexes' thread but I think maybe it's better here? You can see how I've used your software to map square buildings. Maybe you can see how I'm missing something to stand in for doors though? Apart from that it works brilliantly!

---

A drawing of the Look Out Inn

Hex map for the Look Out Inn

The Look Out Inn was a simple four story stone lookout tower that's been added to over the years. It might be an interesting overnight for your characters. Maybe they are stopping or carrying out an assassination attempt on a noble who is staying the night. Maybe they've been charged with uncovering the local smuggling ring and have been led here just as a shipment arrives for storage upstairs. Maybe a wandering group of thugs chooses tonight to surround the inn and demand all the valuables. Maybe after they have settled down and had a few beers one of the party's arch-enemies bursts in shaking the rain from their cloak only to find the players staring back at them! In any case, the walls are good for climbing if you have a little skill, windows are not too hard to force, and the roofs are flat enough to have a running fight or chase on. Staff will be the innkeeper and his wife, plus at least one local girl serving and a stable boy. There will be more muscle around if the smugglers are dropping off or collecting goods.

You can only stand in a full hex - half hexes are too cramped too take a figure. The doors are not shown coz I cannot seem to get that bit out of the system, but maybe Shadekeep might add that?

Feel free to make use of this if its helpful.

Feedback welcome! :)
MikMod is offline   Reply With Quote