Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 01-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #1
nsaraiva

Default End of the turn doubt

Hi, i'm new here and with the game. I'm from Brazil and there we don't have a Munchkin forum.

My doubt is: I have more then 5 cards in my hand in the end of the turn. I have curses and monsters in my hand. How i discard them? I can discard monsters card? and curses? if i discard a curse, it will affect me?

example: I have a curse card in my hand and i have 6 cards. I want to discard the curse, i have to put the card on table and the curses affect me?

Thanks and sorry about my english.
nsaraiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
Clipper

Default Re: End of the turn doubt

OK, so you can play your curses in your hand onto other people (or yourself if you want) at any time (even during other players' turns). It will affect whoever you decide to hit with the curse. You can also play any other cards you are allowed to before performing Charity, so you can put Items into play, sell 1,000 Gold Pieces worth of Items for a level, play a Go Up a Level card on yourself and so on.

If you still have over 5 cards after you have played all the cards you want to play, then you need to either give the rest away or discard them via Charity. You only discard the cards if you have the lowest Level or are tied for lowest Level. Otherwise, you give them away to the player or players with the Lowest Level. Whether you are giving the cards away or discarding them, none of the cards have any effect during this action. They just go from your hand to the other player's hand, or go from your hand to the discard pile/s.

Last edited by Clipper; 01-18-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:08 PM   #3
Mister Ed

You must get down to 5 cards at the end of your turn, as you say. If you can't get your hand down to 5 cards, then you need to give the extra as Charity to the lowest level player(s) (dividing as equally as possible if there is more than one player tied for lowest). If you are the lowest level player, or tied for lowest, then you just discard the extra.

There are several ways you can get your hand size down, though, before you resort to Charity.

You can play any Items (anything with a Gold Piece value, or the phrase "No Value" in the lower right corner) to the table, playing them sideways if you can't use them at the moment (the exception to this would be that you may only have one Big Item in play, so if you already have a Big Item on the table, you couldn't play another).

You may play any Curses on your fellow players.

You can sell Items for Levels, even from your hand.

There are probably some Class or Race abilities that you can power with discards from your hand at that point, too.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #4
bonetm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsaraiva View Post
Hi, i'm new here and with the game. I'm from Brazil and there we don't have a Munchkin forum.
True, but there is the very nice Facebook page, where I and others answer questions based on what's been alread discussed here in the forums.

Quote:
My doubt is: I have more then 5 cards in my hand in the end of the turn. I have curses and monsters in my hand. How i discard them? I can discard monsters card? and curses? if i discard a curse, it will affect me?

example: I have a curse card in my hand and i have 6 cards. I want to discard the curse, i have to put the card on table and the curses affect me?

Thanks and sorry about my english

To answer the rest of your question in portuguese: ao final do seu turno você não descarta, você tem que dar cartas para quem é o menor Nível do jogo, durante a fase de Caridade. Se você for o menor Nível (ou empatado com o menor), ai sim você descarta.

Entretanto, antes de chegar na fase de Caridade você pode jogar cartas: Itens (qualquer carta que possua um valor em ouro) podem ser baixados na mesa, Maldições podem ser jogadas em qualquer jogador a qualquer momento, pode jogar cartas de subir nivel, vender, etc.
MiB: #1602
bonetm is offline   Reply With Quote