Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-11-2012, 05:05 PM   #51
Anaraxes

Default Re: Gear rich, money poor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulzgoroth View Post
...Meanwhile I'd love to see your source on Warren Buffet lacking Status. He doesn't have Rank, but I really doubt he's not getting imputed Status from his very substantial Wealth.
He might have some status -- though as far as I know, he's generally been pretty withdrawn -- but he doesn't have status anywhere near equal to his level of wealth. You've added the word "imputed", by which I guess you mean the couple of "free" levels you get.

Recall that the original point of departure was the examples in Supers of needing Status 8 to have a spare mansion, as opposed to Wealth 8.
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:54 PM   #52
Ulzgoroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaraxes View Post
He might have some status -- though as far as I know, he's generally been pretty withdrawn -- but he doesn't have status anywhere near equal to his level of wealth. You've added the word "imputed", by which I guess you mean the couple of "free" levels you get.
Couple of free levels? The man is worth $46 billion. I can't figure exactly how much without my Basic Set at hand but I think that's more than a couple. And that's the main form of Status in our society, so...

Being withdrawn doesn't really say anything whatsoever about his Status.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaraxes View Post
Recall that the original point of departure was the examples in Supers of needing Status 8 to have a spare mansion, as opposed to Wealth 8.
If you look at post #44, it seems clear that the point of departure of which you speak is not what you thought it was.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:44 PM   #53
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulzgoroth View Post
Couple of free levels? The man is worth $46 billion. I can't figure exactly how much without my Basic Set at hand but I think that's more than a couple.
It's basically one level per 25 points, and that's 150 points of wealth. Status 6 is probably a little overstated.
Anthony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #54
Ulzgoroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
It's basically one level per 25 points, and that's 150 points of wealth. Status 6 is probably a little overstated.
Actually, now that I've got my book handy, it's Status 3, that being the maximum that can be gained from Wealth. It's likely he'd have another +1 or maybe +2 of bought status to go with that.