Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 11-04-2008, 04:51 PM   #21
duskblade

Default Re: When can I expect my Munchkin Quest?

you might still get one MM
duskblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:10 PM   #22
Cheese8242

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan
No shipment for me today, apparently. This has to be the most cosmicly uncool occurrence of all time.

There is still hope for you to get your copy before your con, MM. It looks like most peoples tracking info is saying they will get their copies by Thursday (that is if we can trust those evil fedex guys ;)). So, if yours ships tomorrow, you just might get it on Friday before you leave. *crosses fingers in hope for MM*
MIB #4282

The Most Impressive Loser in the MQ Gauntlet
Cheese8242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:16 PM   #23
Progmode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese8242
There is still hope for you to get your copy before your con, MM. It looks like most peoples tracking info is saying they will get their copies by Thursday (that is if we can trust those evil fedex guys ;)). So, if yours ships tomorrow, you just might get it on Friday before you leave. *crosses fingers in hope for MM*
I can't speak for anyone else, but I've ordered enough from W23 to know that it always tells me 2 days until it gets to the FedEx location. Then it ends up adding a day. (I'm in Michigan)

I do sincerely hope you get a copy before your con though, Erik!

EDIT: In fact, a quick check of my tracking number does indeed show that it is at the FedEx facility. It is no longer the 6th, but the 7th as the delivery date.

Last edited by Progmode; 11-04-2008 at 05:31 PM.
Progmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:16 PM   #24
bonetm

Well, look on the bright side: some of us are going to get a copy only a month or more. =/
MiB: #1602
bonetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:32 PM   #25
worms919

I work in shipping (kinda) and the Fed Ex Home Delivery usually takes one extra day than the tracking indicates because Fed Ex uses private contract and not corporate drivers (for ground) and they have to pick up the packages from the facility. The system is not as accurate as UPS but on a bright note Fed Ex Home does deliver on Saturday (to most locations), so if you don't get it friday you might still be able to play it this weekend.

This doesn't really help Erik, though... I feel bad now that mine is on its way and his isn't. I don't deserve to play my copy before all the people at the convention...

Does SJ have a presence at the convention? You could always buy one there and then sell yours when it arrives on Ebay...

Anyway I am just stoked that Munchkin Booty will arrive in time for my One-eyed Pirate Wife's Birthday! She doesn't even know it exists!

Edit: I just double Checked my tracking and it changed from 7th to 6th... That was unexpected!

Last edited by worms919; 11-04-2008 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Update
worms919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:45 PM   #26
Cheese8242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progmode
I can't speak for anyone else, but I've ordered enough from W23 to know that it always tells me 2 days until it gets to the FedEx location. Then it ends up adding a day. (I'm in Michigan)

I do sincerely hope you get a copy before your con though, Erik!

EDIT: In fact, a quick check of my tracking number does indeed show that it is at the FedEx facility. It is no longer the 6th, but the 7th as the delivery date.

You know I did notice this on my last shipment from the warehouse. Its just now that you mention it that I'm putting two and two together.

But still having hopes for MM.

Edit: Just checked my tracking and it has arrived at the fedex facility, but still shows the 6th as an arrivial date.
MIB #4282

The Most Impressive Loser in the MQ Gauntlet

Last edited by Cheese8242; 11-04-2008 at 06:49 PM.
Cheese8242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:49 PM   #27
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worms919
Does SJ have a presence at the convention? You could always buy one there and then sell yours when it arrives on Ebay...
I and 2 others are the MIB presence there. No SJG sales presence at the con because a) we're small, and b) we're small, and c) we're small and d) since we're small, we didn't embarrass ourselves by asking for SJG to send a presence.

My buddies at the store I frequent might luck out, and if they have a copy, I might plunk down some coin. We'll see how it plays out. I played things smart on the con schedule (since I'm the Table Top Gaming coordinator, it was easy), so I have open SJG events instead of MQ focused events. I've been through this enough times over the past 7 years with other games, even other companies, to know how to make things a success, even when I don't get things exactly the way I want. . . :-)
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:33 AM   #28
philreed
I do stuff and things.

The warehouse staff is working as fast as they can, but the pre-orders were so heavy that it's going to take another day (maybe two) before all of the copies have been shipped.

I just walked past Steve's office where I saw stacks and stacks of signed and initialed MQ copies; comps should also go out in the next few days, for anyone who was a part of creating/playtesting the game.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:47 AM   #29
MIB2826

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed
The warehouse staff is working as fast as they can, but the pre-orders were so heavy that it's going to take another day (maybe two) before all of the copies have been shipped.

I just walked past Steve's office where I saw stacks and stacks of signed and initialed MQ copies; comps should also go out in the next few days, for anyone who was a part of creating/playtesting the game.
O...you taunting fiend :-)

Actually, I should have had mine signed by you and SJ at Spiel....
Gah...Spiel really ate my brain.
MIB2826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:15 AM   #30
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed

I'm sure it's wearing your guys out. Were I in Austin, I'd buy them a beer after yesterday and today. :-)
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote