Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-12-2012, 04:20 PM   #41
Kalzazz

Default Re: GURPS Releases seem to be slow?

One of my friends is a huge Post Apoc and FallOut fan, a genre I just dont get, so I'd be interested in seeing these
Kalzazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #42
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faolyn View Post
Pfui. And I suppose that you can't just combine the two projects, right? I'd buy both AtE and Survivors gleefully.
After the End is on the Steve Jackson Games corporate list of possible books.

Survivors is on Steve Jackson's personal list of possible books. And he's the guy in charge.

I think we have to wait until Evil Stevie either writes the silly thing or finally prunes his project wishlist... and I won't bet on the latter happening any time soon.
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:14 PM   #43
PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faolyn View Post
Pfui. And I suppose that you can't just combine the two projects, right? I'd buy both AtE and Survivors gleefully.
They're actually very different. Steve's theoretical Survivors would be a semi- to quasi-realistic take on dealing with the apocalypse, both from a short-term and long-term mindset. Conversely, After the End is a gonzo/video-gamey approach that couldn't care less about restoring things to how they were; it loves this new world and wants to go adventuring in it. (Think post-apoc Dungeon Fantasy.)

Also, Steve didn't care for the name. So if AtE does ever see the light of day, it may be under a different alias.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #44
Mailanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
They're actually very different. Steve's theoretical Survivors would be a semi- to quasi-realistic take on dealing with the apocalypse, both from a short-term and long-term mindset. Conversely, After the End is a gonzo/video-gamey approach that couldn't care less about restoring things to how they were; it loves this new world and wants to go adventuring in it. (Think post-apoc Dungeon Fantasy.)

Also, Steve didn't care for the name. So if AtE does ever see the light of day, it may be under a different alias.
So Borderlands and Mad Max.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #45
Ed the Coastie

So Survivors would be kind of like Y2K, except crunchier? And it sounds like After the End would be reminiscent of Gamma World in the same way that Dungeon Fantasy is reminiscent of Dungeons & Dragons.

Yeah...I like BOTH of those ideas! (Post-apocalyptic is probably my favorite genre.)
Old 12-12-2012, 06:48 PM   #46
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
[*]GURPS After the End is on hold because there's discussion to be had within the company regarding whether we want to support a fourth worked-genre series (alongside Action, Dungeon Fantasy, and Monster Hunters) right now, and whether After the End will interfere with a possible GURPS Survivors someday, as that item is still on SJ's personal long- to very-long-term list. Discussion is unlikely to resume before Ogre is printed and distributed, several Munchkin projects get out the door, and we've cleared the GURPS backlog I listed above.[/LIST]
:-( I really hope this series gets a shot. This plus "Bug Hunt" and the already established lines would probably let you play any sort of game with minimal effort.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:51 PM   #47
Proteus

Quote:
"If"? Eek, I hope the project's fate is less uncertain than that. I'm quite looking forward to those two products (or more).

As for names, that doesn't sound like an insurmountable issue.
  • GURPS Delta World?
  • GURPS Apocalypse?
  • GURPS Wastelands?
  • GURPS Broken Planet?
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:53 PM   #48
Faolyn

Quote:

Ah. Makes sense. And I'd still buy both. And now I really want to play in a gonzo post-apoc DF game. (A Vote-Up, anyone?)
Old 12-12-2012, 06:57 PM   #49
Faolyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
"If"? Eek, I hope the project's fate is less uncertain than that. I'm quite looking forward to those two products (or more).

As for names, that doesn't sound like an insurmountable issue.
  • GURPS Delta World?
  • GURPS Apocalypse?
  • GURPS Wastelands?
  • GURPS Broken Planet?
For some reason, both Delta World and Broken Planet sounds like games that are based on books or movies. I know they're not (the first thing that pops up when I google Delta World is a tire store); they just have that feel.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:40 AM   #50
Icelander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailanka View Post
So Borderlands and Mad Max.
Also Fallout and Gamma World.