Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-15-2020, 05:52 AM   #1
Tom Mazanec

Default Furry Hell Parallel

Your players think my Aesop is not dark and edgy enough? They want to roleplay in a real Crapsack world?
Here is a roleplay guide to a real nightmare:
http://i.4pcdn.org/tg/1582758758669.pdf
Here is the webcomic it is based on:
https://www.gocomics.com/endtown
And here is the TV Tropes page:
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Webcomic/Endtown
Have fun...
Tom Mazanec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 08:16 AM   #2
adm

Default Re: Furry Hell Parallel

Ooooo, thank you, a great comic, and I did not know about the rpg.
Old 12-16-2020, 04:52 AM   #3
Tom Mazanec

Here are some sessions beta testing the RPG:
https://pastebin.com/6BG9VUiT
https://pastebin.com/4yxSWxEF
https://pastebin.com/BDFwGpcQ

and from an email I got from the creator:
Quote:
In the book I remember writing about how if you want a to play a species but it isn't in then you should throw ideas at your GM to see what traits would be acceptable. Personally I had this system for coming up with most species:

Mammals get three positive traits and maybe one negative. Things like buffing damage slightly, HP, stats. Mammals don't carry much special tricks or rules but more often reinforce factors any characters have. If the positive traits are big then I would throw in a negative trait or drawback like limiting an aspect of them somehow.

Reptiles get more traits but also get negative traits. The idea was that they would get traits that often don't help their stats but were entirely separate. Whip tongues, poison, detachable tail, etc are examples of traits that don't help the core parts of a character but are unique things they can whip out.

Insects were designed to be min maxed glass cannons, as I recall. They have one singular aspect to their species and they did that the best.

Fish and other aquatic and semi aquatic creatures were fun under this philosophy.
Old 12-16-2020, 03:49 PM   #4
Donny Brook

Hell hath no furry like a wombat shorn.
Donny Brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 12:02 AM   #5
Plane

sounds neatr, will look into it, reminds me of an old comic I read a bit of called "Jack" with a furry reaper who reaps furries
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 05:23 AM   #6
Tom Mazanec

The first probes should not detect viruses or toxins, since (SPOILER) it was a chronoclysm, not a mutagenic virus, which caused the Fall of Civilization. The problem will come when the first team enters this timeline. They will presumably be awake and sober adults, which is Very Bad for entering this world. Maybe one can be a Typhoid Mary and kill the others before they kill him? You may have to twiddle the rules to keep this from becoming a Deadly Setting.
EDIT: I hope Infinity knows better than to side with the Topsiders just because they are human. Maybe they learned from Aesop (which will probably be Aesop-1 now, with this as Aesop-2)?

Last edited by Tom Mazanec; 12-17-2020 at 05:45 AM.
Old 12-17-2020, 04:46 PM   #7
Inky

All three of those Pastebin links come up as "Error, this is a private paste". I think you've ticked the wrong box, or else Pastebin has without being asked.
Old 12-17-2020, 06:48 PM   #8
Tom Mazanec

Funny, they worked yesterday...I checked.
Now they don't.
Well, I'll leave them up in case they go public again.
Old 12-18-2020, 06:09 AM   #9
Varyon

An interesting comic, thank you, it's been added to my reading list (following a binge to get through the entire archive). A minor nitpick, however - this seems like it should be in Roleplaying in General, although you could probably adapt the source material for an Infinite Worlds campaign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
sounds neatr, will look into it, reminds me of an old comic I read a bit of called "Jack" with a furry reaper who reaps furries
When I saw the thread title, I honestly thought this was going to be related to that comic (but linking is probably a bad idea; what I recall of Jack was that it was rather NSFW at times, and not just because of the violence).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Mazanec View Post
The problem will come when the first team enters this timeline. They will presumably be awake and sober adults, which is Very Bad for entering this world. Maybe one can be a Typhoid Mary and kill the others before they kill him? You may have to twiddle the rules to keep this from becoming a Deadly Setting.
There's precedent for outtimers being unaffected by the chronoclysm - the first mention of there being no mutagenic virus was when the downed airship was talking about its previous captain, and it showed he was completely unaffected. The recent storyline indicates an "unshifted" native from a world that has experienced such a chronoclysm being affected by the chronoclysms of other timelines when there, however - specifically a topsider who opens her suit to catch a breath in a world where everyone has been replaced by toothbrushes ends up turning into a mass of toothbrushes herself, while her unprotected anthro companions are completely unaffected. This indicates Infinity/Centrum/etc agents would be safe, unless they happened to have escaped a world that underwent a similar chronoclysm.
Old 12-18-2020, 08:47 AM   #10
Michael Cule

Oh, god that's depressing!

I got a considerable way into it before I decided it wasn't for me though. Kudos to the creators... but my goodness they need to get out more.
Michael Cule is offline   Reply With Quote