Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 10-14-2018, 02:56 AM   #11
David Bofinger

Default Re: Cardboard Heroes Bundle

Quote:
Originally Posted by platimus View Post
I find myself wondering if the lego horses are long enough to occupy two hexes.
Based on a googled image, the horse's length is something like 1.7 times the height of rider, so close enough.

When people say Lego miniatures they're talking about miniatures that can have their weapons, limbs, heads etc. changed? Because that allows rapid customisation, which seems a nice fit with TFT's rapid character generation.
David Bofinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 12:36 PM   #12
platimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bofinger View Post
When people say Lego miniatures they're talking about miniatures that can have their weapons, limbs, heads etc. changed? Because that allows rapid customisation, which seems a nice fit with TFT's rapid character generation.
In my previous post and the pics and posts it referred to, "lego miniatures" refers to these little guys:
https://www.lego.com/en-us/themes/minifigures/products

And, yes, the ability to quickly and easily customize them and pose them in various ways makes them extremely well-suited for table-top gaming.

I sometimes wonder why Lego doesn't actively pursue this market. I know there have been a few D&D lego sets but not enough that you can go to any store that sells Legos and find them. In my local Dollar General and Fred's stores, they usually have some off-brand figures and medieval knight sets that are $5 to $15 dollars. The knight sets only come with 2 or 3 figures, a horse, and some terrain/wall/catapult blocks. The "Space Heroes", "City Heroes", etc. come with 6 figures each for $5!

If I were a gaming company wanting to release my own line of minis, I'd go the lego route. I actually can't believe something like this hasn't happened already.
platimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 12:13 PM   #13
WhiskeyVictor

Will the CH bundle be made available this week? I'm eager to DL the bundle and get to printing them up for gaming fun.

*drums fingers anxiously on table...*
WhiskeyVictor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 05:36 AM   #14
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyVictor View Post
Will the CH bundle be made available this week? I'm eager to DL the bundle and get to printing them up for gaming fun.

*drums fingers anxiously on table...*
Darryll and Philip are working on processing everything; it's a manual process and not fast. We'll make an announcement as soon as they have completed their work.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 12:27 PM   #15
VgBlade

was this just a backer kit add on or will i be able to purchase the bundle for myself?

I ask because i was literally about to buy them all individually, but if waiting will save me some money I can wait. If the discount/bundle was backer kit only i was already going to pay full price

Last edited by VgBlade; 11-06-2018 at 12:32 PM.
VgBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 12:41 PM   #16
Skarg

It was a BackerKit add-on.
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 12:46 PM   #17
VgBlade

ok i was just kind of hoping that a digital reissue of "ISBN 1-55634-370-1" was still in the works since it was being sold for the same price as 4 individual cardboard hero packs when it was in print
VgBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:31 PM   #18
WhiskeyVictor

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
Darryll and Philip are working on processing everything; it's a manual process and not fast. We'll make an announcement as soon as they have completed their work.
Cool. Thanks.
Old 11-07-2018, 11:47 AM   #19
Ronald

My Heroes stormed my account today and established a stronghold in my SD card. I think they are regrouping to make an assault on my printer. Poor Brother won't stand a chance, methinks.
Thank you SJG!
: )
Ronald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 09:05 AM   #20
WhiskeyVictor

Finally got the bundle! Very nice collection, though someone did mention (and I can confirm) that the first set is of lower resolution. Still, it's great to finally have. Sincere thanks to all those involved.