Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin Collectible Card Game

Old 08-19-2018, 02:17 PM   #1
Oldpreach

Default Possible misprint on the Surreptitious Scythe card ?

During the holders reckoning, a token is to be placed on the card. Usually, this type of thing confers some bonus, typically to the attack strength of the weapon. However, the card states that this token increases the actual "star" cost of the card so that it takes up more of your levels each turn to keep it on the table. Seeing as it's a rare card, and it's only a 1 attack, 0 Shield weapon to begin with, this isn't making much sense to me. It would make perfect sense to me if we're the attack increasing every turn.

Perhaps this was addressed in an erratum, but I haven't looked that far yet. Anyone have the knowledge on this one, or have considered this about the card ?
Oldpreach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:59 AM   #2
Aleph
Administrator

Default Re: Possible misprint on the Surreptitious Scythe card ?

This is not a misprint.

The value in this card is that with its Flaunt ability and zero ranks, it can be put into play, unzapped, on your opponent's turn, when they are not expecting it (and perhaps when they think you have no defenses). Hence the name 'Surreptitious'.

The drawback to it, is that after that, as it sits in your Hoard, it takes up more and more ranks, until you eventually decide to zap and discard it.
Aleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:55 PM   #3
Oldpreach

Default Re: Possible misprint on the Surreptitious Scythe card ?

Tyvm ! That explains the strategy very well.
Oldpreach is offline   Reply With Quote