Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 08-08-2020, 01:15 PM   #1
madhopper50

Default Old School Monsters

"In September (probably), we will Kickstart Old School Monsters, a 64-page bestiary of some of your favorite creatures from a very popular RPG we can’t name, presented under the Open Gaming License. Liz Danforth is working on the counters, and Rick Hershey is doing the page illustrations. This probably won’t fulfill until January". Is this still happening in September?
madhopper50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 01:52 PM   #2
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Re: Old School Monsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhopper50 View Post
"In September (probably), we will Kickstart Old School Monsters, a 64-page bestiary of some of your favorite creatures from a very popular RPG we can’t name, presented under the Open Gaming License. Liz Danforth is working on the counters, and Rick Hershey is doing the page illustrations. This probably won’t fulfill until January". Is this still happening in September?
We're not 100% ready to say yes.

We're not 100% ready to say no.

Reply hazy. Try again later.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 02:09 PM   #3
madhopper50

Just wanted to know if I should get Add-Ons for "Hexagram #5 and Ardonirane" or wait for the next Kickstarter.
madhopper50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 03:37 PM   #4
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhopper50 View Post
Just wanted to know if I should get Add-Ons for "Hexagram #5 and Ardonirane" or wait for the next Kickstarter.
We're honestly not ready to say yes or no. One thing to keep in mind, though, is that Old School Monsters will deliver later than Hexagram #5 and Ardonirane, so it all comes down to how long you want to wait for any add-ons to arrive.
Old 08-08-2020, 04:31 PM   #5
Chris Rice

Please try to make this available to overseas fans; it’s been frustrating not being able to back the Adoniraine KS.
Chris Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 02:46 AM   #6
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rice View Post
Please try to make this available to overseas fans; it’s been frustrating not being able to back the Adoniraine KS.
That is highly unlikely. International shipping is not getting any better. The costs remain high, times remain long, and we continue to look for reliable solutions to the problem.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:09 AM   #7
Chris Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
That is highly unlikely. International shipping is not getting any better. The costs remain high, times remain long, and we continue to look for reliable solutions to the problem.
All the previous TFT KS I’ve backed have arrived here in the UK with no problems at my end. What has changed that the same can’t be done going forward?
Chris Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 09:15 AM   #8
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rice View Post
All the previous TFT KS I’ve backed have arrived here in the UK with no problems at my end. What has changed that the same can’t be done going forward?
Good to hear there were no problems on your end. I wish I could say the same about our end of the process. Add the complexities and expense we had to deal with to the very low number of supporters in different regions, and it becomes even more problematic.

Decks of Destiny is a an example of where we offered international shipping as a part of the campaign and things did not go well on our end when it comes to international rewards. Australia, for example, is still in the works through no fault of the backers.

For those outside of the United States, we will offer new items on Warehouse 23.