Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 04-23-2014, 12:21 PM   #1
Ravashack

Default Apocalypse and Bites creates an infinite loop?

Ok, so my group at work (we play during lunches) just hit a scenario that we would appreciate a ruling on.

There shouldn't (in some opinions) be any combination of cards that allows for the infinite drawing of cards from any deck or discard.

This being said, using the Loot the Army Surplus to take the top two cards from the treasure discard pile and then using Ancestral Memory to get that card back (placing the Ancestral Memory at the top of the treasure discards) creates just a scenario where they can infinitely draw one more treasure card than they had previously.

Is this correct? I know the point of the game is to be a Munchkin, but with the Nostradamus card in the deck, well, lets just say that we had already opened 6 seals and the player had a combat bonus of over 100 from cards in play before we forced him to stop counting and said the game was over from the seventh seal.
Ravashack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:58 PM   #2
Ravashack

Default Re: Apocalypse and Bites creates an infinite loop?

To clarify further, yes we are playing with both Apocalypse using the expansion and Bites with the expansion.

Further, there is a trophy (official bobble head) and bragging rights that go along with each win (games take hours and we use a variety of sets for our "tournaments")
Old 04-23-2014, 02:06 PM   #3
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

We can't test every possible combination of cards from every possible combination of sets. If you think you've hit on a combination that allows for an infinite loop, make a house rule to limit that specific combination.

As to THIS specific combination, I'm not going to have time to look those cards over before I leave for vacation on Friday; sorry. Perhaps MunchkinMan will.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 02:46 PM   #4
Ravashack

Andrew,

Thanks for the response, and I can completely understand being unable to test all scenarios.

The fact that infinite loop combos are "frowned upon" is probably good enough to convince the rest of the crew on this. Thanks!