Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 01-26-2013, 12:21 AM   #1
DProulx

Default Nice card, and monster discard rules

My family and I have gotten into Munchkin and started buying expansions lately. Most of our questions I've found the answer to online, but two things came up I couldn't find the answers to.

1. The Nice card says "when you kick down a door and find a monster of level 3 or below you must discard it and loot the room." The question is can you discard the Nice card instead of the level 3 monster since you can discard the nice card at anytime, or does this take effect before you can discard it.

2. When a combat involving multiple monsters ends how do you determine the order they are discarded. We often end up with the Mask of Acheron in play so the order has become a big issue.

Thanks everyone for your hard work clarifying the rules so fist fights don't ensue;)
DProulx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:36 AM   #2
Clipper

Default Re: Nice card, and monster discard rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by DProulx View Post
My family and I have gotten into Munchkin and started buying expansions lately. Most of our questions I've found the answer to online, but two things came up I couldn't find the answers to.

1. The Nice card says "when you kick down a door and find a monster of level 3 or below you must discard it and loot the room." The question is can you discard the Nice card instead of the level 3 monster since you can discard the nice card at anytime, or does this take effect before you can discard it.
No. The effect triggers as soon as you see that monster and it must be resolved before you can take actions, such as discarding Nice.

Quote:
2. When a combat involving multiple monsters ends how do you determine the order they are discarded. We often end up with the Mask of Acheron in play so the order has become a big issue.
The turn player always chooses the order of cards which are discarded at the same time. This rule is used for any card effect or game phase that causes simultaneous discards.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:42 AM   #3
Blazinjsin

Actually I had a Nice question too that came up the other night. Do you have to loot the room or can you look for trouble?

Check out my trades ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 🍕
Blazinjsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:57 AM   #4
Clipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazinjsin View Post
Actually I had a Nice question too that came up the other night. Do you have to loot the room or can you look for trouble?
I can only interpret the card text as saying you must Loot the Room, so I'm fairly sure you actually must.

Tags
clarification, discard, monster, nice, rules