Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2012, 05:16 AM   #1
Methariel

Default The Firstborn's Word...

Hi everybody,

the topic's coming up regularly, and still there doesn't seem to be a satisfying answer in sight. Time and again we wonder: What might Michael's Word have been before he became the Archangel of War?

I don't have any books near me, but is there a definite canon-statement that Michael was Word-bound before he kicked Lucifer's red a** out of Heaven's door? Or is it at least implied somewhere? Is there a canon source that states that he was an Archangel before his fight with Lucifer? And is there a canon source that states that Archangels must be Word-bound?

If not - considering the world of IN, is it plausible that he was Word-bound before? Would it somehow have been necessary for him to have been Word-bound to be able to best Lucifer? Or could he just have been a simple angel who "stood up for what he believed in" (i.e., the Truth) and kicked the Evil Overlord in the teeth? (Which doesn't necessarily contradict that he also kicked him in the rear.)

I'm wondering if just being the First of the Angels might not have been enough to give Michael the punch he needed to punch Lucifer in the face.

(And forgive my pathetic tries at witty word-plays; apparently there's a Shedite of Kobal aiming for the Word of "Embarassing Oneself in the Internet" in my head. ;) Or I shouldn't try such things in a language that is not my native tongue.)

So, what do you think?

M.

Tags
michael