Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:26 PM   #301
Pragmatic
Ceci n'est pas une tag.

Default Re: Ogre Kickstarter

Just a suggestion, but in the Extras, can you list if the items are available at such-and-such a pledge level?

E.g., and totally making this up, "you can buy these widgets; p.s., if you pledge at the $98.75 level, you get it for free."
Pragmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:27 PM   #302
Apache
On Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
"The good news, Steve, is that the project brought in a million and a half dollars worth of pledges, weighs 32 pounds, includes enough maps to tile Ross Perot's garage, and won both the Origins Award and the Nobel Peace Prize."

"What's the bad news?"

"You're shipping 20,000 copies and losing six bucks on every one."

(Steve wakes up in a cold sweat.)
Given that the Nobel Peace Prize is something like a million dollars (aside from the snazzy trophy), he still makes a profit of something like 800 grand, or so.

Before taxes, anyway.

:)
Old 04-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #303
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

You're right! (hastily modifies business plan to allow for prize money) We're in the black! Plus, Norway is a great place to ride trains.
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:47 PM   #304
Eben

How about an Ogre release party in Austin? For those that can get themselves to Austin!
Eben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:03 PM   #305
GEVJockey

1,568 units have been pre-ordered.

The last 24 hours increased the amount pledged by about $19K and increased the backer count by 118 to reach 1491 (Avg steady at about 5 backers per hour)

Average pledge per backer has increased to $136.91.

At the current pledge per backer level we'll need to see another 335 backers to surpass $250K. Conceivably, if we maintain the 5 new backers per hour rate, we could reach that total by Friday evening.

At one point I thought I saw that all three $995 pledges were spoken for, though it's back down to 2. There are three at the $3,000 pledge level. This pledge level plus the added $300 level helped to increase the average pledge per backer.

If you want to think crazy, at the current rate (which has been steady for 4 days now) we'll reach 3,000 units pre-ordered on Sunday April 29th with a total in the vicinity of $385K.
GEVJockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:13 PM   #306
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEVJockey View Post
At one point I thought I saw that all three $995 pledges were spoken for, though it's back down to 2.
You did (I saw it, too). That's exactly why I have my current minimum pledge in. I'm _hoping_ to be able to pull off the $245 pledge, but I'm guarding my current $156 with my life. I can always go up at the end if I sacrifice enough rubber chickens, but I'd feel bad having to lower it back down to "just" one copy. :-(
Old 04-18-2012, 12:53 AM   #307
Valadrim

Quote:
"The good news, Steve, is that the project brought in a million and a half dollars worth of pledges, weighs 32 pounds, includes enough maps to tile Ross Perot's garage, and won both the Origins Award and the Nobel Peace Prize."

"What's the bad news?"

I had that exact same dream, and I don't even work for you. I applaud your $250,000 stretch goal if for no reason other than it will save me from stressing about the game secretly killing off your company and/or your desire to attempt to bring back games we love.
Valadrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:29 AM   #308
Luke Bunyip

Quote:
"What's the bad news?"

I am so happy I was not drinking a beverage when I read that. :P

Last edited by Luke Bunyip; 04-18-2012 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Lacking context
Luke Bunyip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:22 AM   #309
terryocarroll

You're not obliged to have more stretch goals. At some point, you've got to say, "Look, if we pack any more into the box, the darn thing's going to collapse into a singularity under its own mass. So, no more stretch goals, 'kay? And please stop pledging, we're worried that the gummint will nationalise SJG and use the pledges to pay off the national debt." The most successful Kickstarter ever - the pebble watch, at four million bucks plus and still going gangbusters - has absolutely no stretch goals at all as far as I can see. Just pre-orders. So I think it's going to be OK to just not pack any more stuff into the game. There's got to be SOME limit to the stretch goal bonuses.
terryocarroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:03 AM   #310
D351

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryocarroll View Post
You're not obliged to have more stretch goals. At some point, you've got to say, "Look, if we pack any more into the box, the darn thing's going to collapse into a singularity under its own mass. So, no more stretch goals, 'kay? And please stop pledging, we're worried that the gummint will nationalise SJG and use the pledges to pay off the national debt." The most successful Kickstarter ever - the pebble watch, at four million bucks plus and still going gangbusters - has absolutely no stretch goals at all as far as I can see. Just pre-orders. So I think it's going to be OK to just not pack any more stuff into the game. There's got to be SOME limit to the stretch goal bonuses.
Bite thy tongue! Now's the time for weird stretch goals... like Steve will record a music video of a song about Ogre and how awesome it is, then post it on youtube... Jingle Bells comes to mind.... Anybody else have fun suggestions?
D351 is offline   Reply With Quote