Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:32 PM   #1
Toltrin

Default I will make a counter for one unit you suggest.

Just as it says, I will make a counter for one unit you suggest. If you are Francisco I can stretch it to a few more (Nihon, Chinese and Russian OGRE counters which I am working on).
Just tell me if your unit you want to be made into a counter is OGRE or regular armored unit or maybe even infantry based. I can even make aircraft counters. The format for the counter is this and the counter type is listed on the upper left part of the counter according to this key.
Make them good. It takes a little time to make one...
and I can even make silly ones if you really want your ONE to be that. :)
Dave

Last edited by Toltrin; 05-18-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Toltrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #2
JLV

Default Re: I will make a counter for one unit you suggest.

Okay, I'll bite.

How about them VERTOLs? :-)
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #3
Photonred

Paneuro Superheavy Name Cyclops
1 Main 4 Str range 3
2 Missiles Str 6 range 5
Defense 4
Movement 3
VP 16
Photonred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #4
Toltrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
Okay, I'll bite.

Will you send me the link to these? I assume you are talking about aircraft and helicopters.
Here is the Apache via Garth L. Getgen (SSgt USAF). He apparently knows what he is talking about here so I made a counter in commemoration to his hard work into trying to make helicopters work in the OGRE/GEV environment. I decided upon 24vp worth for each machine because to me it seemed about right to have it equated to about 2 stacked heavy tanks and 2 stacked missile tanks going really fast with weaknesses only aircraft have (I did the probabilities with a computer). I am starting to wonder if there needs to be stronger rules to make this unit much weaker than in the article. Personally I think 2012-2020 era (archaic armor) helicopters should have the defensive strength of 0.5 to 2(max). Ever seen a helicopter hit with a micro-nuke?

Last edited by Toltrin; 05-19-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:13 PM   #5
Buzzardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
Okay, I'll bite.

I figured you'd ask for a Jackboper. :)

Want a random dungeon? How about some tables for that? How about a random encounter?
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:48 PM   #6
Toltrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonred View Post
Paneuro Superheavy Name Cyclops
1 Main 4 Str range 3
2 Missiles Str 6 range 5
Defense 4
Movement 3
VP 16
Done. Here is your Cyclops!
Old 05-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #7
JLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toltrin View Post
Will you send me the link to these? I assume you are talking about aircraft and helicopters.
Here is the Apache via Garth L. Getgen (SSgt USAF). He apparently knows what he is talking about here so I made a counter in commemoration to his hard work into trying to make helicopters work in the OGRE/GEV environment. I decided upon 24vp worth for each machine because to me it seemed about right to have it equated to about 2 stacked heavy tanks and 2 stacked missile tanks going really fast with weaknesses only aircraft have (I did the probabilities with a computer). I am starting to wonder if there needs to be stronger rules to make this unit much weaker than in the article. Personally I think 2012-2020 era (archaic armor) helicopters should have the defensive strength of 0.5 to 2(max). Ever seen a helicopter hit with a micro-nuke?
Got no link, it was a discussion elsewhere on this forum. I think the numbers were something like:

Attack: 3
Range: 3
Defense: 1
Move: 6-3

Does anyone else have different (read, "better") numbers? I went with a really weak defense based on the discussion that they needed to be fragile. the move is based on the need to make them faster (at least somewhat) than GEVs but to not permit the Fuzzy Wuzzy defense. The attack and range numbers, are, frankly guesses -- I know someone had some good numbers, but I simply don't remember what they were! :-)

However all of the above was pure speculation with no playtesting. So, given that, I withdraw the request. Besides, looks like Apache did a pretty good job with the choppers (though, frankly, I think they are pretty powerful units in game terms).
Old 05-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #8
JLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzardo View Post
I figured you'd ask for a Jackboper. :)
Oh YEAH, now there's an idea -- I'd like units for ALL of the BOPPERS! Woo Hoo!
Old 05-19-2012, 08:43 PM   #9
Toltrin

I am still at a loss by this term 'Boppers'. Are you referring to helicopters or units that are too powerful (or both)?

In concerns to VTOLs (like the Harrier) we assume that since ANY unit may fire on a cruise missile going 600+mph what chance does a jet have versus such withering fire? Like Steve Jackson said, this is a tank game and he just said no aircraft.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:29 PM   #10
Bowser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toltrin View Post
I am still at a loss by this term 'Boppers'. Are you referring to helicopters or units that are too powerful (or both)?
If you don't have, have never played, or know anything about Metagaming's old Microgame #5: Rivets, you won't get the reference.

And I feel reeeeaaaaaal sorry for you! (It was a great game!)