Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #41
LemmingLord

Default Re: [IC] The Streaker Fan Club (Weird Supers)

(ok, not sure what to do about travel... if I am used to taking the bus and the subway then I guess we are talking in an alley for now. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ View Post
Streaker gasps for breath. She's been eating for a solid minute. "I don't know what to do. There's not much for us to do. I guess we can gather everyone together and see what happens. It doesn't look like what they're saying is true, though."
(I can't seem to write in a Spanish accent, but please consider that I speak like Mandy Patenkin from The Princess Bride) Danilo/Fidelis to Streaker, "I can think of some things we could do. How do we get to Golden Dragon? I don't suppose someone as famous and attractive as yourself usually takes the bus... "

Danilo (who removed his glasses before Streaker got here, to assume his superhero identity) will go streetside and hail a taxi. He'll give the cabbie a few hundred to be his taxi for a couple hours.

Danilo will open his brief case and hand Streaker another bag-o-food that he had in there (that he probably just summoned).

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguebfl View Post
But either ways I can still work as a mind hub for the group from my desk...'
Thinking: Si... We are picking up Golden Dragon now.. I agree with you... stay in school and help where you can unless chaos breaks out...

"Streak, how about you, me and Golden follow up on the shooting... "

(So I give the taxi driver the address where we are meeting Golden. I will nudge him if he is oogling our very attractive celebrity in the rear view mirror too much, "hey.. we're trying to save the world here...")

(During our commute I would like to conjure up a top of the line mac with the media software and super wi fi - I want to get a recording of the message "from space" in all the different languages for later analysis... Rosie can help me with that during her lunch maybe. )
Old 04-06-2012, 12:28 PM   #42
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemmingLord View Post
Danilo/Fidelis to Streaker, "I can think of some things we could do. How do we get to Golden Dragon? I don't suppose someone as famous and attractive as yourself usually takes the bus... "
"I usually walk. Briskly."

Quote:
He'll give the cabbie a few hundred to be his taxi for a couple hours.
"Happen to see a towel around? I'd prefer not to sit on the seat. Remember that part in Taxi Driver where Travis is talking about wiping off the seats? Yeah...."

Quote:
"Streak, how about you, me and Golden follow up on the shooting... "
"Isn't that law enforcement's job? We'll get locked up if we interfere with the police investigation. I'll probably get locked up for indecent exposure if we go near the police," she chuckles and sighs. "And as much as I'd love to take that to the Supreme Court, we could be using our time to work on this alien thing. There's lots we can do with that."

Quote:
(So I give the taxi driver the address where we are meeting Golden. I will nudge him if he is oogling our very attractive celebrity in the rear view mirror too much, "hey.. we're trying to save the world here...")
This is New York. I'd be surprised if we acted surprised. And I imagine everyone that wanted to ogle has already ogled themselves out with Streaker. There's millions of images of her on the internet, and she's been slightly blurred on the cover of every magazine there is at some point.

Quote:
(During our commute I would like to conjure up a top of the line mac with the media software and super wi fi
OOC: So, Streaker is aware of your super power?
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #43
The General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Thayne View Post
There are two women there in ceremonial garb, one noticeably older than the other.
The angel moved towards them at a slow pace, her unblinking eyes examining each one in turn. "Be at peace, for fire still burns in this place," she said, in richly accented English. The words hung in the air, the crackle of the dancing flames punctuating them. "I am Ameretat. I am she who planted the seed of the world. I am she who served at the right hand of Ahura Mazda. Now you must serve, so that what the prophet wrote might be fulfilled. So it is written: doing good to others is not a duty, but a joy. I will bring you joy, for now I ask that you do good for me."
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #44
LemmingLord

Quote:

"Happen to see a towel around? I'd prefer not to sit on the seat. Remember that part in Taxi Driver where Travis is talking about wiping off the seats? Yeah...."
Danilo opens up his briefcase, pulls out a comfy pillow from within, hands it to Streak, then closes his briefcase.

Quote:
"Isn't that law enforcement's job? We'll get locked up if we interfere with the police investigation. I'll probably get locked up for indecent exposure if we go near the police," she chuckles and sighs. "And as much as I'd love to take that to the Supreme Court, we could be using our time to work on this alien thing. There's lots we can do with that."
"That is a good point..."

Danilo opens his briefcase, pulls out a sun dress in Streak's size, hands it to Streak, then closes his briefcase.

"I was curious if this killing might be Nightwatch... We have to be careful about vigilante's giving us a bad name... and who knows, other people maybe givign Nightwatch a bad name... But yeah, if you have an idea about the next step on the alien front I am very willing to listen to your experience."

Quote:
This is New York. I'd be surprised if we acted surprised. And I imagine everyone that wanted to ogle has already ogled themselves out with Streaker. There's millions of images of her on the internet, and she's been slightly blurred on the cover of every magazine there is at some point.
(Yeah, you're probably right! Even still, as a "careful" person, I know Danilo will make sure he is paying attention to the road...)

Quote:
OOC: So, Streaker is aware of your super power?
(She has probably put together that he can pull anything he wants out of that briefcase of his.. whether she knows he is creating / copying / pulling out of another dimension / pullling out of a pocket dimension - she may not have it completely figured out.. )
Old 04-06-2012, 04:06 PM   #45
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemmingLord View Post
Danilo opens up his briefcase, pulls out a comfy pillow from within, hands it to Streak, then closes his briefcase.
She puts the pillow down on the cab's seat, then sits on it. "Thanks."

Quote:
"That is a good point..."

Danilo opens his briefcase, pulls out a sun dress in Streak's size, hands it to Streak, then closes his briefcase.
She puts the dress down on the seat between the two of them. "I'm not getting that started. If I did, anyone of my height and general size could copy my haircut and do whatever they wanted, then I would get blamed for it. Going naked and getting tattooed is a high enough barrier to entry to keep them out. Most of them, anyway."

Quote:
"I was curious if this killing might be Nightwatch...
"Huh," Streaker says. "I'll look into that."

MEANWHILE, IN DARYA AND CEE'S DORM...

Darya puts down her spoon and goes to the Nightwatch forums. There's only about fifteen regular posters, but two of them are completely nuts. They keep updates posted on everything he does. Probably feds. Or worse.

(I don't know what to roll for that. And if Darya can't find anything, she'll ask Cee to take a look.

BACK IN THE TAXI...

"Okay. I'm looking into Nightwatch."

Quote:
But yeah, if you have an idea about the next step on the alien front I am very willing to listen to your experience."
"Yeah, I'm looking into that one too. It's probably going to be some time before we find out anything."

Quote:
(She has probably put together that he can pull anything he wants out of that briefcase of his.. whether she knows he is creating / copying / pulling out of another dimension / pullling out of a pocket dimension - she may not have it completely figured out.. )
All right. I'll have her play along, then.

OOC:

Unless it's not clear, I'll go ahead and say it: I don't have any idea what to do. So, if anyone else does, speak up.

Last edited by ErhnamDJ; 04-06-2012 at 04:09 PM.
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #46
LemmingLord

Quote:
She puts the dress down on the seat between the two of them. "I'm not getting that started. If I did, anyone of my height and general size could copy my haircut and do whatever they wanted, then I would get blamed for it. Going naked and getting tattooed is a high enough barrier to entry to keep them out. Most of them, anyway."
Danilo nods and says ignorantly, "I doubt that you have a lookalike out there..."

Quote:

"Okay. I'm looking into Nightwatch."

"Yeah, I'm looking into that one too. It's probably going to be some time before we find out anything."

Quote:

OOC:

Unless it's not clear, I'll go ahead and say it: I don't have any idea what to do. So, if anyone else does, speak up.
"If you are handling the alien thing...and the Nightwatch thing... all in your head... then you should take us on your patrol route... where you go for information... where NOT to go.... I'm new to the city... and the club was hoping to learn by watching you... but you may need to slow down for us to keep up. "

(I wouldn't be surprised if we arrive at the meetup point and Golden Dragon has already impulsively moved on to lookup more about the shootings...which he thinks might be his enemy's doing. Dramatically speaking, I believe Golden Dragon has the potential to be that character that gets into trouble whenever there is a lull ).

"Well I can multitask also..."

Danilo will call up his uncle,
"Hola tío.

Usted nunca va a creer que me he sentado a mi lado en un taxi. Streaker! Te lo juro por Dios.

No, no puedo poner, ella va a conocer mi identidad secreta!

Entonces, ¿qué piensa usted de este ultimátum extraterrestre? Cualquier palabra en la calle en cuanto a quién podría estar involucrado? Si esto es un engaño, ¿quién crees que tiene más que ganar con esto? ¿Por qué crees que nos dio una ventana de cuarenta y ocho horas? ¿Hay algo que hacer esta semana que podría estar relacionado con?

Gracias por su tiempo. Sé que debe ser difícil de fiesta en la playa con chicas universitarias, pero si quieres conocer a una mujer de verdad y la heroína, tal vez debería ir a Nueva York por unos días .... Si los extraterrestres vienen en la fuerza, me gustaría estar allí para usted. Sí, estoy seguro de Streaker lucharían con nosotros si se trata de eso.

Ah, también hubo un tiroteo de pandillas cerca de aquí ... Te voy a enviar un correo electrónico con los detalles. Si alguno de tus amigos sabe nada acerca de la situación de las pandillas en el norte, aquí, tal vez el nombre de un punto de contacto ... enviar a nuestra manera .. o llevar con usted!"

Ok, me vuelva a llamar cuando te hayas decidido a venir para que podamos hablar planes de la cena ... Hasta pronto. Adiós.

Spoiler:  

Last edited by LemmingLord; 04-06-2012 at 05:50 PM.
LemmingLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:00 PM   #47
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

BTW assuming the GM doesn't have Rosie classmate pipe up with something new on the aliens She enters the classroom and sits at her desk by the window then tries to bring the rest of the group that she know one by won into her 'telepathic 'chat group' [each addtion contant is a further -1 to her IQ+talent roll to establish but she has time for repeat attempts]

If the teach finds her 'distracted' she just give him some line about being worried about the aliens.
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:44 PM   #48
Michael Thayne

Quote:
Rosie says out loud, she says to her classmate "this gotta be a hoax right? I mean doesn't those seti folk have a way to tell if the message really came from space or just an satellite, like the show in that old move ummm 'Contact' wasn't the one with Jodie Foster play the awesome geek girl?" but she echo's it to Danilo. So it doesn't look like she has spaced out to her classmate.

[old movie, it is older than she is]
Her classmate gives a confused "Huh?" and goes into the classroom.
Michael Thayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:54 PM   #49
Michael Thayne

Quote:
BTW assuming the GM doesn't have Rosie classmate pipe up with something new on the aliens She enters the classroom and sits at her desk by the window then tries to bring the rest of the group that she know one by won into her 'telepathic 'chat group' [each addtion contant is a further -1 to her IQ+talent roll to establish but she has time for repeat attempts]

If the teach finds her 'distracted' she just give him some line about being worried about the aliens.
In class, the teacher abandons her normal lesson plan in favor of watching the news. Rosie will very quickly learn everything about the message in this post, and just as the taxi is getting to Mythos' location, she'll hear: "This just in. A number of world governments have confirmed the existence of twelve objects of unknown origin in Earth orbit, each more than a mile long..."
Old 04-06-2012, 08:58 PM   #50
Michael Thayne

Quote:
MEANWHILE, IN DARYA AND CEE'S DORM...

Darya puts down her spoon and goes to the Nightwatch forums. There's only about fifteen regular posters, but two of them are completely nuts. They keep updates posted on everything he does. Probably feds. Or worse.

(I don't know what to roll for that. And if Darya can't find anything, she'll ask Cee to take a look.
There's a thread going about the shootings. One poster, one of the ones who's nuts, started off assuming the shootings were Nightwatch's work, and now they're arguing about it.

Tags
weird supers