Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-05-2012, 03:27 PM   #21
LemmingLord

Default Re: [IC] The Streaker Fan Club (Weird Supers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguebfl View Post
Rosie being pretty untrained and this still unguardidly transmited her nerviousness at the suggestion, "The news is only just starting to spread due to period break, while I proabably could moniter reactions, I've never tried to alerter some's emotions let alone a crowds. Do you have any details that might help, or anyone I could help you get a hold off?"
I didn't mean mind zap them... just give them a comforting word all mundane like.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:04 PM   #22
Michael Thayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
Oh right. Cee focuses for a second on blessing the double, and then renews the blessing on herself. (Applies all the advantages from the affliction sans the appearence and passing looks perk to the double and everything on Cee.). Okay, before we meet eveyone, lets see if we can actually find any details of this invasion. Cee takes the computer, switches the modular ability from the blessing to the research skill and does her best to find any new reports with details included in them. Research 17(?) Roll 10
I'm assuming Darya gets to you < 30 min. after the initial broadcast, causing you to miss out on any commotion in class. And at this point, there's very little information. A wire story already circulating through news sites uses phrases like "bizarre," "purported message from extraterrestrials," and "apparently aimed at the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council." There seems to be some confusion about what parts of the message are even trying to say.

The message was allegedly sent by "General Pontius the Pacifier," who is supposed to be a representative of the "Galactic Federation of Star Systems," enforcing the "Pan Galactic Treaties Against Weapons of Mass Destruction." There's speculation that this might be a prank involving hacked communications satellites. In spite of the journalistic style, you seem to detect some incredulity from the writer. The article also notes that the message was broadcast simultaneously in English, French, Russian, Mandarin, Spanish, and Arabic.
Michael Thayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:19 PM   #23
Michael Thayne

Streaker arrives at Danilo's location before he can get much of anything useful from the TV report. Then Danilo notices several texts from friends and family asking if he knows what's going on, if he knows what's going to happen, etc... feels like they have the impression Danilo ought to have some special source of information on this.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:34 PM   #24
Lamech

Hmm... so I can use that one MA slot to switch to "area knowledge: galaxy", If yes I'll try it as soon as I here about this general. 10 Note the penalties on pg 176.
Hiriko
Andrew
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #25
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemmingLord View Post
I didn't mean mind zap them... just give them a comforting word all mundane like.
[Psychology-12

first roll to gauge the student-body's response the second the staffs response (3d6=9, 3d6=12) ]
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:23 PM   #26
Michael Thayne

Cee: Cee concentrates and taps into... something. A source of knowledge she's used many times before, but doesn't fully understand. In the past, it's been incredible what she's been able to learn with it, but this time, as she tries to access knowledge relevant to this message, it isn't turning up much. She does, however, feel quite confident that there is no such thing as the Galactic Federation of Star Systems (or if there is, it's run by people with some serious delusions of grandeur).

Rose: Rose is pretty sure no panic is about to break out in her school. Students are confused, but dutifully going to classes.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #27
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Rosie says out loud, she says to her classmate "this gotta be a hoax right? I mean doesn't those seti folk have a way to tell if the message really came from space or just an satellite, like the show in that old move ummm 'Contact' wasn't the one with Jodie Foster play the awesome geek girl?" but she echo's it to Danilo. So it doesn't look like she has spaced out to her classmate.

[old movie, it is older than she is]
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #28
LemmingLord

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguebfl View Post
Rosie says out loud, she says to her classmate "this gotta be a hoax right? I mean doesn't those seti folk have a way to tell if the message really came from space or just an satellite, like the show in that old move ummm 'Contact' wasn't the one with Jodie Foster play the awesome geek girl?" but she echo's it to Danilo. So it doesn't look like she has spaced out to her classmate.

[old movie, it is older than she is]
For some reason Danilo's thoughts turn for a moment on an ancient technology, the "VHS tape" and many vendors selling it and many other tapes to visiting tourists.

Yeah... I was twelve when I watched that movie. If the media thinks this is a hoax and the school thinks it is a hoax, they probably won't be letting out school early...

When Streaker has joined me I will ask her, "What's your top priority now? Besides picking up Golden Dragon.... who will be much safer impulsively getting into trouble with you and I around. I don't know if we want to pick up Rosie until school's out. Education is important whether or not aliens may be attacking us."
Old 04-05-2012, 10:02 PM   #29
The General

The ground rose up to meet the angel's feet, though to say they touched would be wrong - her feet hovering just inches above it. She was of the world, but not in it. No, her spirit lingered in a place that had no name, the shadow this world cast against the planes - the place false gods and bygone creatures lingered with their jealousy and their hunger. Her father, Ahura Mazda, the Wise Lord, the One God, had cast many of them there himself.

Strange horseless chariots of steel and iron roared past on the nearby street, their sounds sickeningly inhuman. Throngs of people walked beside them, hardly paying mind to the divinity standing in the nearby alley. The shadows cast here were longer, she noticed, and darker than they had once been. What has this world become? Her small lips twisted into an irritated frown. While her face had once been made for wide smiles and kind glances, now only scowls spread across her divine countenance. Time had been like water against her rock, and had chiseled much away.

Her once brilliant chartreuse robes, spun from the silk of Paradise itself, had turned a dull tawny, no longer matching the luminescent halo that had long hovered above her head. She glanced about the small alley, and found the small, battered entrance to the tiny fire temple that paled in comparison to the towering synagogues and churches of New York. It had been fate that she even found it, she supposed. The seven braziers that burned there called to her like a siren. Well enough, but not now. She looked to see if anyone was there.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:06 PM   #30
Lamech

I turn to Dary"So when I asked, where ever the knowledge the blessing gives comes from it seems like the Pan Galactic Federation, isn't real. Definitely not some sort of galaxy spanning organization. So want to meet up with the others?"
Hiriko
Andrew

Last edited by Lamech; 04-05-2012 at 10:54 PM.
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weird supers