Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-13-2012, 04:12 PM   #161
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Default Re: [IC] The Streaker Fan Club (Weird Supers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ View Post
OOC: Okay, thanks. I'll go with the first one. I think you have it wrong, though. Her name is missing.]
<Watashi no name Streaker desu> (is just forgot to type it sorry)

Quote:
Okay. I'll type in English, and we can pretend that's Japanese, like we were doing with the Russians.
in comic you often have a what meant to be a different lanuage written in < > instead of " " with a foot note what language it really is

Last edited by roguebfl; 04-13-2012 at 04:15 PM.
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:20 PM   #162
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguebfl View Post
<Watashi no name Streaker desu> (is just forgot to type it sorry)
Which transliterates to 'Sutorika,' doesn't it?
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:40 PM   #163
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Quote:
Which transliterates to 'Sutorika,' doesn't it?
Japanese often mix English words in with speech like we do with latin and French as a sign of education. Their likey to transliteration (not translation) is Sutorika yes and written in katakana ストリカ

Sutorika-san or Sutorika-sama is what they likely say but You don't put an honorific on your own name, it's like speaking in the 3rd person about yourself
Old 04-13-2012, 05:22 PM   #164
The General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Thayne View Post
Tokyo:

The place isn't too hard to find. The front gate is currently open, with a few men who look like guards standing nearby.

New York, temple:

"Thank you, your holiness" the women say.

New York, the dorm:

Darla, Danilo, and Mythos get in the car and set out based on directions given to them by Rosie. They eventually arrive at an innocuous looking building, where...

[@The General, describe what Ameretat looks like right now, and what she'll be doing.]
She is surrounded by an ethereal glow, the sole legacy of her connection to the extraplanar realm of Paradise. A halo of the same gold-green color hovers above her flowing, thick black hair, with white wings unfurling behind her. She is garbed in robes that were, perhaps, once regal, but now seem dull and faded.

I do not know those names, mind-reaching mortal. But I am a messenger of the one true Lord. That should be enough for you.

She drifts silently, almost sullenly - yet with a hint of determination - past the pair of women and through an adjoining wall, searching for a place of worship. If she manages to find one, she'll fall to her knees and float above the ground, her eyes closing tightly shut, hands clasping together.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:33 PM   #165
zoncxs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post

I do not know those names, mind-reaching mortal. But I am a messenger of the one true Lord. That should be enough for you.

Mythos stares at the 'Angel' mesmerized. he knew supers existed, he knew there are things that make no sense, but to see an angel is like knowing god is real.

"...cool" seems to be the only thing to escape his mind at the moment.
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:50 PM   #166
ErhnamDJ

"Don't get overexcited, Gold Dragon," Streaker says. "Anyone can claim to be a god or an angel or whatever. You ever heard of James Cook?"

She walks up to someone that looks like they know what they're doing. "Hi. I'm looking for the angel. I believe I'm expected." She motions at the rest of the group. "These people are with me."
Old 04-13-2012, 05:52 PM   #167
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoncxs View Post
"...cool" seems to be the only thing to escape his mind at the moment.
"Forgive me, I'm just a student in these things. Though mu sunday school teacher does teach that names are not important and that holding the creator first is. I have told Streaker you would like to meet, and they are on their way. But to follow another commandment to honor my parent, I can not be with them at this time in body."
Old 04-13-2012, 06:21 PM   #168
LemmingLord

"Good point about needing Majokko for translation. Wherever Streaker goes, we shall follow."
Old 04-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #169
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemmingLord View Post
"Good point about needing Majokko for translation. Wherever Streaker goes, we shall follow."
"I'm already in Japan." She cracks her neck. "But I guess most people can't be in two places at once. By the way, do you happen to have some donuts in there?"
Old 04-13-2012, 08:48 PM   #170
LemmingLord

Quote:
"I'm already in Japan." She cracks her neck. "But I guess most people can't be in two places at once. By the way, do you happen to have some donuts in there?"
Danilo/Fidelis consider. "Do you watch your calories? Like... Is a dozen doghnuts to you like just one doughnut to us or is it more like a doughnut hole? Nutrition is important you know. Isn't it? Well anyway... I'm sure you know your limits."

Fidelis opens his briefcase. He pulls out a medium size white paper bag with "Mi Tierra Restaurant & Bakery" written accross it. He pauses a moment as if he is not sure to trust one of his favorite things with one of his favorite superheroines... What if she eats it so fast she doesn't get to enjoy it? What if she doesn't like it?

He hands it to Streaker, "My favorite is the Ricardo, that's the one on top in the bag...Creme filled with caramel topped in pecans...Its ok, you can have that one, there's another one on the bottom GD and I can share. I've asked him to help me balance my chi...so I'm trying to cut down on my sweets."

There's also a raisin pecan cookie with pink icing, something akin to a bearclaw, a strawberry filled pastry with creame cheese, and some lighter looking buns that smell of licorice - with wax paper separating them all.

"What I mean is that since we be visiting the freinds and family of the young men who were shot much later in the day after we pick up Majokko from school, that now would be a great time for GD and I to come with you to meet this new potential ally... We can wait until the reality shard is created... sounds wild."

Fidelis turns on his detect (mutant) ability to "see" if "Cee" is a mutant (did we ever get introduced by name to Cee?).

Tags
weird supers