Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-10-2012, 06:45 AM   #101
Michael Thayne

Default Re: [IC] The Streaker Fan Club (Weird Supers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguebfl View Post
[OCC note: while universal should mean she can read most alien minds she would probable mistake an angel's mind for alien on first encounter, so Ameretat might just be the the closet 'alien' to her at the Moment.

Edit: I figured she would fail with Millennium Man on the bases of a TDM on top of range for not know enought about his mind to isslotate his mind from all the others. Telesending Ameretat on find out her posers for being 'here' makes sencse IF she knew her]
Good idea. That is exactly what needs to happen here. Roll for Mind Reading (unless you have some way of avoiding the roll I'm not seeing).
Michael Thayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:27 AM   #102
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemmingLord View Post
Fidelis makes introductions as he can fit in to the conversation, though he's really hoping to learn more about what to call this colleague of Streaker's, "We're the Streaker Fan Club.. This is Golden Dragon, master of martial arts and the forces of inner perfected self... This is Majokko, student of all powers of the mind... I am Fidelis...", thinking about his powers a moment, "I guess I'm the quartermaster of the club. "
[ooc: Roise still in school Remember she been chating with you guys via your minds]
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:57 AM   #103
zoncxs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ View Post
Streaker is still sitting at the computer, staring at the Tokyo map she has on the screen.

While she's doing that, she talks idly, just making conversation. "I think that's more of a thing where you have to have certain knowledge, not just experience. Sherlock Holmes had to know everything to do his cases. I think modern police work is the same. Have you ever watched Dexter? Just look at what all goes into looking at blood samples to do detective work there. You either have to be a genius, like Holmes, or you have to be part of a team of experts who have spent years--maybe decades--perfectly their craft and gaining the knowledge required to do that kind of work. I don't think any of us are anything like that. Maybe that Nightwatch guy is. What all do we know about him? If you're really interested in the shooting, maybe you should try to get in touch with Nightwatch. He's more likely to let you get involved than are the police. Just think of the legal consequences for them bringing in outsiders. What happens if you accidentally destroy evidence, or something like that? You really have to know what you're doing at a crime scene like that. Especially with murders. Even disturbing a single hair can be enough to let the killer get away with it undetected. And then you have things like illegally obtaining evidence, where it gets thrown out, and then you end up doing nothing more than obstructing the police. They're the trained professionals. There's things they can do that we can't, and things we can do that they can't."

"true, but the shooting happened last night and aren't we investigating the aliens thing right now?"
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:14 AM   #104
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Thayne View Post
Good idea. That is exactly what needs to happen here. Roll for Mind Reading (unless you have some way of avoiding the roll I'm not seeing).
[no way to avoid it, Detect which you roll was the import on, as it lets Detect/Telesend work as 'touch' for range.

Lets see, Streaker, Findalus, Cee, and Golden dragon are the currwent "Contacts"

Sot that's IQ + Talent - 4 for the first attempt so need 12 or under.

Mind reading-16 - 4 = 12 (3d6=10)

So Majokko has 2 success, however this is a quick contest vs the target Will

if ther 2 secusses win Rosie has access to surphasae thoughts and would need another Quick Constest to probe for "Why are you here", if the 2 scuess isn't enouigh She need to drop the current contats but will have -2 for repeat attempts wich would still be 14
]

Last edited by roguebfl; 04-10-2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #105
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoncxs View Post

"true, but the shooting happened last night and aren't we investigating the aliens thing right now?"
"I'm investigating that right now. Rosie just confirmed that there are alien minds in orbit. I'll be spending at least the next half hour, I think, trying to find Millennium Man. He's not an easy chap to get a hold of, as I'm sure you are aware. I'll need Rosie to translate the Japanese for me, probably. Cee, I think, is about to start working on some useful contraption. You can play some video games if you want. I have a GameCube. The only games I have are Ratatouille and World Series Poker, though. But maybe Fidelis could hook you up with a PS3 or something."

OOC: I don't know if you're waiting on me to post about what's happening at the embassy?
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:18 AM   #106
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
OOC: You also have some stuff from Cee. Luck and Destiny. You could use those.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:23 AM   #107
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Quote:
OOC: You also have some stuff from Cee. Luck and Destiny. You could use those.
OOC: Alas Rosie is still in School, I don't know if Cee can bless her from the distant.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:27 AM   #108
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
OOC: Alas Rosie is still in School, I don't know if Cee can bless her from the distant.
Her Affliction has the Long-Range version of Malediction, so if she's not farther than 30 miles away, I'd guess she got you.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:54 AM   #109
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Quote:
Her Affliction has the Long-Range version of Malediction, so if she's not farther than 30 miles away, I'd guess she got you.
[ooc: Well that's Lamech call, plus I don't know how destiny works]
Old 04-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #110
Michael Thayne

Quote:
[no way to avoid it, Detect which you roll was the import on, as it lets Detect/Telesend work as 'touch' for range.

Lets see, Streaker, Findalus, Cee, and Golden dragon are the currwent "Contacts"

Sot that's IQ + Talent - 4 for the first attempt so need 12 or under.

Mind reading-16 - 4 = 12 (3d6=10)

if ther 2 secusses win Rosie has access to surphasae thoughts and would need another Quick Constest to probe for "Why are you here", if the 2 scuess isn't enouigh She need to drop the current contats but will have -2 for repeat attempts wich would still be 14
]
@The General just flagging this so you know you need to roll.
Michael Thayne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weird supers