Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 09-25-2017, 09:57 PM   #21
MIB.6361

Location: Phoenix, Arizona, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Infinity.
Default Re: Other tactile game bits for DFRPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
Big multi-hex creatures would be easiest as "plan view" pieces of cardboard, like the flat Ogres in ODE.
I was just about to say we could have 3D monsters/multi-hex creatures like the 3D OGRE pieces and you brought in the 2D ones!
Old 10-14-2017, 08:24 PM   #22
kjamma4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colarmel View Post
If you find yourself printing tokens for your games, and wishing they fit nicely in your bases, I've had a lot of success with these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Or, if you're on a budget, use regular binder clips and take off the "handles" once you clamp your token.
kjamma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 06:25 AM   #23
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjamma4 View Post
Or, if you're on a budget, use regular binder clips and take off the "handles" once you clamp your token.
Those can be a bit tippy, depending on the size, but definitely a cheap and rugged option.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:03 AM   #24
Highland_Piper

As I spend more money on my Wargame miniatures I've always defaulted to Cardboard Heroes/Standees/Paper Miniatures for my fantasy role playing games.

OneMonk Miniatures has a few hex bases for paper miniatures and I've been using that style for years. I even made some that match my CC3 Dungeon Tiles. I had made some multi hex bases for larger miniatures but I can not currently find the files. I use plastic and metal miniatures for my Monster Hunter game and I get really upset that I can't find slotta bases that go Flat to Flat instead of Corner to Corner. I end up cutting the bottom of the bases off at the feet and gluing them directly to a non-slotta base. I've yet to find multiple hex bases in plastic.

I have some form fillable spell cards if your interested. I did not place the info on the cards directly as that would be a violation of SJG (C) but would be a small matter of copy paste what you wanted if you have them in pdf.

If you like modular dungeons I've made Hex Tiles to make your own random dungeons using Campaign Cartographer software.

HERE is a great link for Hex Spell Templates that you would need to print on printable transparencies. I've always been meaning to make my own specifically for GURPS but I've not gotten around to it yet.

I've looked into getting a custom tape measure made for GURPS but I have not found a place that would do just 1-6 custom order. I've just been using the printable range ruler from SJG
GURPS Mega Dungeons DFRPG Facebook Page
Highland_Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 11:38 AM   #25
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

I have been trying to make hex tiles in CC3 for outdoors encounters (because I find that I often want a random outdoors pretty quickly, no so much with dungeons) for a long time now, but I keep getting weird artifacts when I try to make streams that will tile. :(
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 04:16 AM   #26
Highland_Piper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
I have been trying to make hex tiles in CC3 for outdoors encounters (because I find that I often want a random outdoors pretty quickly, no so much with dungeons) for a long time now, but I keep getting weird artifacts when I try to make streams that will tile. :(
I've not reinstalled CC3 since my new computer. I've been putting it off because it takes all day to reinstall so many add-ons.

Send me a Private message and I'll email you my template. I use hex tiles and if you read my blog you will find I came to the conclusion that only 4" and 7" hex tiles actually work well for modular tiles. I've done some river tests and they have worked just fine. I have layered guides that you can snap the rivers to so they match.
GURPS Mega Dungeons DFRPG Facebook Page
Highland_Piper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accessories, bases, dfrpg, product suggestion, tokens