Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 07-20-2021, 08:26 PM   #1
Norman of Torn

Default Combat Engineer Vehicle

Hello, I am looking for the article or suppliment that featured the Combat Engineer Vehicle. I have looked through all of my material and can't find it or remember where I originally saw it. Anyone have any idea where it can be found? Thank you in advance for any help.
Norman of Torn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 10:08 AM   #2
selenite

Default Re: Combat Engineer Vehicle

There's rules for Combat Engineer infantry squads, and the Vulcan Ogre and its drones, but I don't think there's any official CEV rules.
selenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 07:52 AM   #3
Norman of Torn

Thank you for the response. It may not be official, but I have seen it published somewhere. The idea intrigued me so much I purchased some enginer vehicles from GHQ modeled on the M-48 tank. I also put together two or three mobile bridge layers. Anyway, thanks. I will eventually remember where I saw it.
Old 07-26-2021, 08:37 AM   #4
Norman of Torn

Oops double posted.

Last edited by Norman of Torn; 07-26-2021 at 08:47 AM.
Old 07-26-2021, 02:26 PM   #5
selenite

There's a Mobile Bridge article in Ogre Book 2nd Ed. (reprinted from Space Gamer 74). It's not official, though.
Old 07-26-2021, 02:31 PM   #6
selenite

Ah, here's an easier place to find the Mobile Bridge.
Old 07-26-2021, 02:57 PM   #7
TexPoec

Someone posted a CEV concept on a variant units thread here. Try searching the forum. I like the idea too for faster entrenchment or maybe a bonus in urban fighting as a breacher to dig out infantry.
TexPoec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 08:46 PM   #8
DSumner

Here's on I posted many moons ago.

I'm surprised I never posted this, as I sent it to Henry Cobb many moons ago (Way back in March of 2001).

Combat Engineering Vehicle - C.E.V.

Now that there are Combat Engineers in OGRE/GEV I think they need a little additional protection on the battlefield. Most modern armies use some type of armored vehicle for forward area engineering tasks. The Israeli's have a new vehicle out that's equipped with reactive armor, smoke dischargers (both regular and hot smoke) IR jammers, and some other goodies. I figure that in the Ogre universe, they would also have some type of point defense system, radar and laser jammers, recon/scout drones, and other advanced equipment.

Combat Engineering Vehicle (CEV) have an Attack Strength of 1, a Range of 2 (4"), a Defense of 3, and a move of 3 (6"), Move: HVY, 9 VP if destroyed.

CEV's are based on a modified Heavy Tank chassis, with most of the weapons systems removed and outfitted with additional defensive systems. Most of the Heavy's weapons would be replaced by engineering equipment and towing gear (Winch, back ho, and dozer blade). CEVs can detect, clear and lay mines. Cut or repair roads, plant demolition charges, etc., just like Combat Engineers; it can also tow vehicles, clear forest, and rubble hexes, and dig revetments.

I'm thinking that it could construct a Small Revetment in (2) two turns, and a large revetment in (3) three turns. It would take one turn, of it doing nothing else, to sweep a hex for mines, and one turn to clear it (it'd use drones and sensors to sweep the hex, and a special charge clear it). It could mine (1) one hex (2") of terrain in (1) one turn (that's for modern smart mines, dumb mines would take longer as they'd have to take the time to plant the mines).

It's reposted in this thread - http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread...ehicle&page=14

"Death is certain, life is not."

"No one assails me without punishment"
DSumner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 12:43 PM   #9
CaptainSnake

I buy a lot of stuff from Brigade Minis in the UK and they have some minis that could easily be used for CEVs or Vulcan drones. Unless SJG makes one in a new set...then buy theirs!
CaptainSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 09:30 AM   #10
Norman of Torn

DSumner, Thank you for the information. I thought I had seen it here somewhere. That is what I was looking for. If I may, I would add to your rules that Combat Engineers in the same hex as the CEV or adjacent to the same hexes the CEV is working on, the effects are cumulative. E.g. one CEV and one CE squad could perform together and create two somethings in one turn or clear two adjacent hexes in one turn. Or something to that effect.

Last edited by Norman of Torn; 08-18-2021 at 06:43 AM.