Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-12-2017, 12:22 AM   #871
Mailanka

Default Re: Mailanka's Musings -- GURPS Content Post

Happy GURPS Day! Today, I finish up my look on the Akashic Mysteries and their Ancestor Veneration for the Psi-Wars setting with a look at the ancestors of House Kain.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:00 AM   #872
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Its kind of weird, but of all these legendary figures, there is one the characters can meet: the specter of Sisi Sabine, an active member of the shadow council. Its kind of odd. In a cool sort of way.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:10 AM   #873
lwcamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailanka View Post
Happy GURPS Day! Today, I finish up my look on the Akashic Mysteries and their Ancestor Veneration for the Psi-Wars setting with a look at the ancestors of House Kain.
The first and second paragraph of Unstoppable look like they're covering the same ground, but in a contradictory manner. You could consider editing this.

Luke
lwcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 04:09 AM   #874
Mailanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwcamp View Post
The first and second paragraph of Unstoppable look like they're covering the same ground, but in a contradictory manner. You could consider editing this.

Luke
I fixed it, thank you!

Hello GURPS Fans! It's Patreon Friday! On Saturday! Today, I have not one, but two offerings. First, I have Occult Communion, a look at some options for non-psionic Psi-Wars characters to access aspects of Communion without accessing the whole thing. Second, I have a deep dive into Psychokinesis for the Psi-Wars setting (though it's generic enough for any campaign), including four new powers: TK Blast, TK Lock, TK Jump and Tactile TK.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:13 PM   #875
lwcamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailanka View Post
Second, I have a deep dive into Psychokinesis for the Psi-Wars setting (though it's generic enough for any campaign), including four new powers: TK Blast, TK Lock, TK Jump and Tactile TK.
What about letting PK-psis take para-radar to represent "feeling" the area of interest with their TK? Maybe with the Overhead enhancement to allow them to feel around corners, but a limitation that lets people in the area being scanned feel the para-radar as it caresses their skin?

Luke
lwcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 01:10 AM   #876
Mailanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwcamp View Post
What about letting PK-psis take para-radar to represent "feeling" the area of interest with their TK? Maybe with the Overhead enhancement to allow them to feel around corners, but a limitation that lets people in the area being scanned feel the para-radar as it caresses their skin?

Luke
There's actually a lot of discussion of this sort of thing in the first psionic pyramid article. Christopher Rice wrote up powers for "sonokinesis" which is the control of vibrations. You can also dig into psychokinesis ideas from GURPS Powers, or Kinetics, or Force Constructs. For example, we could do Clinging, or we could do Slippery, or we could do Stretching (Force), etc.

The trick isn't coming up with more PK powers: there's plenty of ideas. The trick is coming up with PK that fits what people expect from this specific genre. For example, levitation is absolutely a PK power, but players of Psi-Wars are more likely to expect super-jumping space knights than flying space knights.
Old 10-23-2017, 01:14 AM   #877
Mailanka

Hello GURPS faithful! Today, on Psi-Wars, I break my hiatus to bring you the next Psi-Wars philosophy, the alien communion cults of the Divine Masks. Today is a Patreon Preview, but later this week I'll start rolling out the posts. If you're a Patron, thanks for being there, and feel free to check it out!
Old 10-24-2017, 11:46 PM   #878
Mailanka

Hello, GURPS faithful! Today, I begin a series on the third philosophy for Psi-Wars, my GURPS Space Opera setting. This time, we start with the Divine Masks, an ancient, alien, mystical tradition focused on psionic power and Communion. Today starts with an introduction, including a look at some of the inspirations behind the philosophy.
Old 10-26-2017, 04:51 AM   #879
Mailanka

Hey there, for those following my GURPS Setting, Psi-Wars, I continue my series on the Divine Masks by looking at the cultural context of the philosophy, including a quick look at the race that came up with the philosophy, under what circumstances it arose, its history, and where it exists in the Galaxy today.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:47 AM   #880
Mailanka

It's Friday and that means Patreon Day! This week I've begun unveiling the Divine Masks religion for my GURPS Space Opera setting, Psi-Wars, and today, I have a Patron Preview for all $3+ patrons detailing the Ranathim, the founders of the Divine Masks philosophy (and, by extension, the spooky and sinister Cult of the Mystic Tyrant).

Tags
blog, blogs, determined attack, telegraphic attack