Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 11-08-2009, 01:54 PM   #151
Duck of Many Things

Default Re: Member House Rules

Oh, that's interesting. That's good to see, too.

Also:
Quote:
The letter of the rules is more important than the spirit.
This is a source of much table-pounding in our household - a constant debate between what the cards say, and what the cards intend. Apart from that, I agree with the tournament rules entirely. It doesn't have the needless and often arbitrary regulations seen in tournament games such as T:TM and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
Duck of Many Things is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:19 AM   #152
Puuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
We made the monsters printed level double if you were epic last night. It made it more interesting for sure, and a bit more of a challange.
Has anyone else played with this rule? I just find that after level 10, things just get too easy (especially if you're listening at the door and looting a treasure card.)
Puuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:01 PM   #153
Blu

That's why we did it.

I also thought of making each monster +10 instead of doubling it. This helps the lower monsters more. Kind of like, we're Epic at 10, so they can be Epic too.

I have also thought about making the +5/+10 cards doubled for Epic players if we just make the monsters +10 instead of doubled. That way it's more interesting. It seems once somebody hits epic, they fly right up to level 20.

Also thought about doing the -1 level if you don't defeat the game winning monster like in Quest.
Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:01 AM   #154
blipadouzi

One House Rule we've come up with is in regards to Munchkin 6: Demented Dungeons. We've found that with especially large decks it can sometimes take a very long time before we are out of a dungeon...

and seeing as there are only 16 Portal cards compared to 20 Dungeon cards, it's literally impossible to get back to the non-Dungeon part of the game.

So our HR is: After the Charity phase, we introduce a new phase called Escaping the Dungeon. Roll a D6 (standard die)... if a 6 is rolled, then you escape the dungeon and all Dungeon cards in play are discarded. Exception If the Narrow Passage Portal is played, the Escaping the Dungeon phase is voided until all players are in the new Dungeon.
blipadouzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 05:51 PM   #155
-ScreenName-

Quote:
Originally Posted by blipadouzi View Post
Escaping the Dungeon. Roll a D6 (standard die)... if a 6 is rolled, then you escape the dungeon and all Dungeon cards in play are discarded. Exception If the Narrow Passage Portal is played, the Escaping the Dungeon phase is voided until all players are in the new Dungeon.
in your HR is Escaping The Dungeon mandatory?
-ScreenName- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:41 PM   #156
blipadouzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ScreenName- View Post
in your HR is Escaping The Dungeon mandatory?
Well, we haven't made it a mandatory phase, but no one has yet to not do it. It adds a nice twist.

EDIT:

Actually, in thinking it over and discussing it with the group, we have now made it mandatory... otherwise it would not be fair when Dungeons like Joe’s Discount Dungeon or Dungeon Of GM-ly Generosity are in play... So rather than trying to milk the "good" Dungeons for all they are worth, yes we roll the die regardless. :D

Last edited by blipadouzi; 12-15-2009 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Update
Old 11-25-2009, 08:04 PM   #157
-ScreenName-

Quote:
Originally Posted by blipadouzi View Post
Well, we haven't made it a mandatory phase, but no one has yet to not do it. It adds a nice twist.
are your players aloud to run away from one dungeon but stay in another?
-ScreenName- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:10 PM   #158
blipadouzi

Quote:
No, if a 6 is rolled ALL dungeons are discarded for everyone, thus returning the whole party back to standard "non-dungeon" play. The only way to return to a dungeon is by drawing a Portal.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:12 AM   #159
maxdemon76

Quote:
No they must do it silently. ;-)
maxdemon76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:42 AM   #160
matt516

Does anyone else have any good ideas for balancing an epic game? I know the developers are usually pretty good about making the printed rules balanced, so I'm surprised to find that people are having trouble with the epic rules. However, I have not played an entire game with them yet so I can't really offer in-game experience. I'm adding epic rules tonight for a game I'm hosting though, so I'd like to see if anyone knows ways to make the game fairer and more enjoyable.

Munchkinman or Andrew: Do the developers have any plans to balance the epic rules, or do y'all feel that they're already balanced enough?
matt516 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
combining different, doors, dummy hand, epic, extras, funny, gambling, gameplay, house rules, multi-deck, munchkin, munchkin zombies, new way to play, rules, rules variant, team, teams, two player, zombie dice