Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-25-2018, 05:17 AM   #151
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Michael)

Velsnik can't speak english, but he grins as Michael backs away, and the fire leaps from his hand toward's Michael's face.

The fire stops at about 2/3rds of the distance between them, and michael can here it crackling on the other side of him.

Velsnik stops the fire, and smirks. "Litwerker. Hutterite. Traub! Komm her!"

Traub starts moving towards you two.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 07:55 PM   #152
Friendpmcii

I keep my eyes and ears open to dodge well thinking, This guy is more unstable then I thought. Why is he threatening me?
Friendpmcii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 07:44 AM   #153
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Velsnik doesn't show any more signs of aggression, and he extinguishes the fire in his hand. He barks some orders to Traub.

Traub: "Velsnik says thou be a litwerker. He commandeth thee to protect all of us by standing in yonder place when the lever swingeth."

He indicates a spot. Everyone will form an oval, with you and Velsnik spaced apart in the center of it.

Velsnik shouts something, and Traub says "It will be triggered in about 1 minute!"

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 08-27-2018, 10:41 PM   #154
Friendpmcii

Michael mutters to himself, "this is suicide", Ok, if you want to risk it. You can stand in front of me traub. I stand where they say and pray that this isn't something where the roof suddenly falls down to grind everyone and then rises.

Then I realize the insanity of what I just agreed to and make a quick prayer to know if this is a good idea (intuition role taking 8 seconds for +3). If so then I stay, if not I advise everyone that we better make distance and start to do so.
Old 08-28-2018, 08:06 AM   #155
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Michael prays for a bit, and feels good about staying where he is.

Velsnik says "Jetz!" sharply, and everyone tenses in anticipation. Some seconds later, it seems like an eternity, he says "Halfte!" There is another pause, and some of the men relax just a small bit.

Then fire comes pouring down the tunnel. It parts around Velsnik... and seemingly around him. He can see nothing but the people huddling on the ground near him and the blazing fire all around them.

and then, in less than a second, the fire is gone.

OCC: base time is 1 minute. I went ahead and rolled. you got an 11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
If you want to use add intuition with a 1 minute immediate preparation required on it and requiring not talking to others, that's fine.

Old 08-29-2018, 12:09 AM   #156
Friendpmcii

Michael looks at the door to see if it opened. Hopefull fit not expecting it to be open, "That was scarry, on that note what is the word for danger?"

OOC: figured you would roll, that why I gave if then. (Though 11 was cutting it close we may have had casualty if I failed. Whipps forehead.) Forgot about the min time line, thanks for the reminder. Just noticed normal ST is 11 and the IQ/DX normal is 10.5, can I use the misplaced 20 PTS to by intuition, and SOP lie detector: I always watch (body language) the person to see if they are dishonest unless doing something more important, though not likely, then I check it for lies mentally (detect lies). Stats wise whenever they lie, just roll in the background and tell me if I think they are not telling the truth. Or any other convenient time as well (so there can be times I think they lied because I failed the check, not because they did.) No idea what to do with remaining 4 points. I'll save them for later.

With permission I would also like to transcribe the starter pack details to my page for easy reference as well.

Last edited by Friendpmcii; 08-29-2018 at 08:14 AM.
Old 08-29-2018, 08:49 AM   #157
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Many people run back with you, velsnik leading the way. The door isn't open.

Traub: "Achtung. Atchtung be danger. That be 7 letters, not 6. Yet can'st they spell? Nay. Aktung may be spelled. All the letters be correct."

He calls out to the captain, mentioning Aktung. Velsnik responds.

"He saith many words must be considered, then we shall guess."

Old 08-29-2018, 01:21 PM   #158
Friendpmcii

"I was actually thinking for latter, when we get there I will need to know how to communicate such a thing quickly." Michael starts repeating the word over and over to try to memorize it. "How many of these things do we have? We may need a team making more. Also it is still possible they used a different spelling as language changes over time." Suddenly Michael realized if he hadn't opened his mouth there would have been a chance that they couldn't have gotten in no matter how many they tried. I'll have to be more careful with what I say. Michael shrugs,To late now. We should try to figure out how far the trap goes so that we don't always have to depend on the captain. This could take days after all, more so if they used a time lock between tries like the first one did.
Old 08-30-2018, 07:45 AM   #159
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Traub: "If they're smart, they'll have run in back far enough that to be out of reach is to be exposed to sarmag. But farther back is probably useful. We can back up with time. Yes, this may take a while. But at least I can get some shut-eye now."

Its mostly downtime at this point. Most of the men huddle around a small illusion in the dark cave, and settle down for some sleep. Though in one hour they are liable to all be woken up for another test of the mechanism.

Old 08-30-2018, 12:05 PM   #160
Friendpmcii

Michael smerks to himself, Guess my shift at guard duty is done. To bad sleep works best for me in 3 to 2 hour shifts, probably best to stay awake. I'm going to borrow the eye glass, sleep well. Michael gets the single eye binocular and walks around with his rifle loaded and slinged on his back. He decides to start by checking out the timed switch operater to see if he could figure out how they can get it to be timed. Candle and rope, slow sand shifter, something else? After that he heads out to see if he can get a visual of the 'monsters' in there natural habitat, which is what the spy glass is for (to keep some distance).

Tags
lost in dreams