Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2014, 01:56 PM   #1
Stanith

Default Reloaded Die for previous die roll

Hi,

In a game of munchkin I had the other day a few of us were in disagreement over a particular situation, I thought I'd come here to get some clarification on what the official rules should be! I'll describe it as best I can:

- I was facing two monsters and had failed to beat them, so I decided to Run Away.
- I announced that I was running away from Monster A, rolled successfully, then announced that it had been successful (in no particular haste).
- I then announced that I was running away from Monster B, rolled successfully again, then announced that fact.
- I then picked up the cards (to discard them), and while discarding one player announces that they have two Reloaded Die cards and want to use them to nullify both of my Run Away attempts.

This is where the dispute occurred. I argued that they could change my last roll (albeit a grey area, as they had their chance and I was discarding the cards), however that they could not change them both because the first die was no longer even on the table (the card specifically says if I remember correctly that you're meant to pick up the die and change it, but it was no longer there any more because it had been rolled again). I also argued that the whole point of Munchkin is that you get a chance to react, and then once something else has occurred you cannot turn back time (unless time was unreasonably withheld in order to cheat and prevent people reacting). Two of us agreed this was the case, but two disagreed (their argument was that it was valid because it wouldn't change the outcome of the second roll, they were completely separate events). In the end I felt bad because I owned the game and therefore had the final say, but was also biased as it was my turn. Was I correct in allowing them to only change my last roll, or should they have been allowed to change both my dice rolls?

Thanks! :)
Stanith is offline   Reply With Quote