Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 09-05-2020, 05:37 AM   #1
Thunderbird

Default Ranger: taming a steed questions

Oh and a few more questions. If you have Big Joe and he is a steed then I can put steed enhancers on him right? But then if I change him to a hireling do the enhancers still work, can also put hireling enhancers on him, and and do those enhancers work if designated a steed?

Also if I give Smart Pills to Big Joe as a hireling, when I change him to a steed can I still sacrifice him to run away automatically?

Next, let's say that I got cursed with the Truely Obnoxious Curse. If I have the Tuba of Charm and the Rapier of Unfairness do I get to choose which card I lose ecause the curse only specifies that I have to "lose the card that gives you the biggest bonus"? Also if I have no item which give me any combat bonus, for example the Freudian Slippers and the Tinfoil Hat. Which card do I discard if any?

Also, if I tame a monster with the Ranger card, does the new steed have a gold piece value? Is it an item? I tried to use the Senseless Act of Kindness and we weren't sure whether my steed could be given away because we didn't know if it was an item.

Lastly, if I tame a monster, and someone tries to steal it with the Lurina Steed Chow or the Mating Call card, does that steed now belong to the new owner or does it get discarded because the ranger who tamed it is no longer the owner therefore the monster is not tamed anymore?

Thanks again,
Thunderbird
Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 09:00 AM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Ranger: taming a steed questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post
Also, if I tame a monster with the Ranger card, does the new steed have a gold piece value? Is it an item? I tried to use the Senseless Act of Kindness and we weren't sure whether my steed could be given away because we didn't know if it was an item.
It does not have a Gold Piece value and is not an Item. Also, you can't play Senseless Act of Kindness on yourself to discard your own Steed; you just get a level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post
Lastly, if I tame a monster, and someone tries to steal it with the Lurina Steed Chow or the Mating Call card, does that steed now belong to the new owner or does it get discarded because the ranger who tamed it is no longer the owner therefore the monster is not tamed anymore?
If a monster Steed is stolen from a Ranger, even by another Ranger, it goes to the discard pile. The only way to make a monster into a Steed (as always, unless a card says something else specifically that overrides this rule) is to be a Ranger and use the Ranger ability to tame the monster.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote