Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 11-09-2016, 11:15 AM   #1411
Daigoro

Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaraxes View Post
Sure, they say it's an old nuke to keep people away from the site. But looking at the description,

it's clearly a classic UFO saucer that flipped over during the crash shattering the dome, not a Fat Man bomb. It's either the source of an alien replicator infestation, or contains a computer bearing the consciousness of an alien advisor. Either way, I'm sure the PCs can deal with it.
Indeed, it seems too big. The more detailed original story says the find was a 12-foot diameter bowl, whereas the Mark IV Fatboy, while 10 foot long, is only 5 foot in diameter. The description of the pit balls around the bowl seems to fit though.
And heaps of forum collabs, 30+ and counting!
Daigoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 06:06 PM   #1412
Johan Larson

The Lazarus Sign: a post-mortem reflexive action that is sometimes mistaken for revival. The corpse raises its arms in a startlingly deliberate way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-RXcW16ylQ
Johan Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 11:06 AM   #1413
Anaraxes

Quote:
A Southern California man who was running for re-election as Oceanside city treasurer successfully defeated his opponent Tuesday, despite having died over a month ago.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...=us_weird-news
The right of citizens of the United States to hold office shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of ​vitalitude.

When zombies are in the race, you're spared that argument about whether or not they're healthy enough to serve their term.

At least Vecna made the trains run on time.
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 03:11 PM   #1414
Flyndaran
Untagged

I think most of us can agree that Strom Thurmond served the last decade or two of his term dead. Most politicians are figurative puppets. But he was the real deal. ;)
I imagine not everyone that voted for the deceased failed to understand things. They just decided to make a protest vote in this two party only system.
Old 11-29-2016, 01:16 AM   #1415
Johan Larson

All hail the Icelandic banana plantation!

http://modernfarmer.com/2014/11/frozen-banana-republic/
Old 11-29-2016, 09:00 AM   #1416
Johan Larson

This one happened to me personally.

I play the cello and wanted to take mine with me on an international flight. A cello is too big to qualify as carry-on luggage and putting it in the cargo hold is a bad idea -- the hold is not pressurized and it gets really cold at altitude. So I bought the cello a seat.

Buying the seat wasn't simple. The airline agent spent a LONG time trying to figure out how to sell me the seat, but finally managed it. There was even more fun in boarding. Security insisted they needed a boarding pass for the instrument, but the airline's software wouldn't issue a boarding pass without a passport number, which it didn't have. And they couldn't use my passport number; that was rejected as a duplicate. It took several phone-calls up a layer of management between the airline and security before they would let me board.

And finally I nearly got into a fight with two elderly Chinese passengers. They had bought a window seat and were really keen on it, but the crew specifically told me that my instrument needed to be put there, so no one would have to get past the instrument in an emergency. This was not fun to try to explain past a language barrier.

In the end it all worked, but oh dear the trouble. I should be able to claim a college credit in Advanced Bureaucracy.
Old 11-30-2016, 09:14 AM   #1417
Anders

Eagles 9 - Drones 0
Old 11-30-2016, 10:07 AM   #1418
David Johnston2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
He painted a drone to look like an eagle to try to ward off eagles who are obviously attacking out of territoriality in the first place? Eagles are not social animals.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 02:40 PM   #1419
tshiggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston2 View Post
He painted a drone to look like an eagle to try to ward off eagles who are obviously attacking out of territoriality in the first place? Eagles are not social animals.
Who needs a shotgun?

I wonder what the bald eagles out at the Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Sanctuary would do, if I took a drone out there?

https://www.fws.gov/refuge/rocky_mountain_arsenal/
tshiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 06:03 AM   #1420
Johan Larson

A secret room at Pixar headquarters. Accessed through a hatch in a random office. Converted into a hidden bar.

http://thenextweb.com/shareables/201...r-celebrities/

Not so secret any more, I suppose.

Last edited by Johan Larson; 12-01-2016 at 06:18 AM.

Tags
blueberry muffin, fermi paradox