Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2018, 02:19 AM   #1
Broadway Phil

Default Ogre/GEV counter sheets

My next question concerning counter sheets is deceptively simple: how many counter sheets were included in the first two iterations of Ogre/GEV?

I refer here to the first version, in the flimsy box with the orange cover, and the second version, in the sturdier box with the black cover. The counter sheet(s) included had an unusual 187 counters. (I found pictures of both sides.)

The back of the second box said that 374 counters were included, which would mean two identical sheets, but in one of the BGG forums someone who opened up a presumably new box reported only one counter sheet, with respondents saying that the one sheet was sufficient for all the scenarios. The picture I have of this edition also shows only one sheet.

Again, the Ogre history is mostly silent.

So... one sheet or two? Was the box in error?

The sheet, incidentally, has no fewer than 32 Ogres, four each of Mark III and Mark V in four different color schemes, each Ogre backprinted in the same colors with the Ogre of the other type. Two sheets would mean 64 Ogres! Imagine 16 Mark V Ogres barreling down on your hapless position...

[Note that the 2000 edition, in the box with the green cover, had three identical 112-counter sheets; this sheet is also found in the Ogre Reinforcements set which can be purchased as a digital download at Warehouse 23.]

Thanks,
Phil
Broadway Phil is offline   Reply With Quote