Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > Forum Feedback and Help

Old 05-06-2020, 07:04 PM   #1
beetle496

Default Threads Disappearing?

It seems to me that threads older than 30 or 60 disappearing. Sometimes older threads turn up in searches. Is this a newish change? Was it announced anywhere? Or am I just losing my mind?
beetle496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 08:37 PM   #2
Parody

Default Re: Threads Disappearing?

Have you set the forum to show all threads? It's at User Settings/Edit Options/Thread Display Options/Default Thread Age Cut Off (quick link to Thread Display Options).

IIRC, the default is 30 days.
Old 05-07-2020, 05:26 AM   #3
beetle496

Thanks @Parody. I had never messed with that before, my setting was “Use Forum Default”.

Some forums I visited (Car Wars) were only showing only a few posts, whereas other forums (Gurps) had a dozen pages (as was my usual experience).

You have fixed the problem for me, but also confirmed that I think there may be an issue with several forums having an expiry that is much shorter than is optimal.
beetle496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 03:08 PM   #4
Parody

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle496 View Post
Thanks @Parody. I had never messed with that before, my setting was “Use Forum Default”.
You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle496 View Post
You have fixed the problem for me, but also confirmed that I think there may be an issue with several forums having an expiry that is much shorter than is optimal.
If you're talking about these forums, then the "Use Forum Default" is 30 days. And trust me, plenty of people have asked the same question you did over the years this forum has been running.